Male HQ

BW Anniversary PARTY

oralb

3 years ago today, we took over the moderation from BW the man and migrated to a forum site.

Over the past 1 year, we have seen many changes, with the most prominant being the migration to our own doman.

On behalf of the mod team, I would like to take this opportunity to thank each and everyone of the conributor to the forum for making us a must read for many PLUs (at least for me it is a must read) :P

Thank you...

p/s in case you wonder, there should have been some major celebration for this anniversary, no worries it wasnt forgotten. I was tasked with coordinating the events, but due to a recent changes in my life and the addiction to PSP (pata pata pata pon), combined with the June Holiday peak season, the plan was postphoned to July.

Akan Datang:

Mid June - 3rd Anniversary BW awards

Mid July - BBQ and chalet!

:thumb: When I Think It, I Do It, I Win It! :thumb:

Guest bearbear

Ar.......was looking forward to a May Annivesary thingy, thought i was going to perform. Looks like I may not be able to attend the BW awards and BBQ now since it has been push forward as I should be rehearsaling everyday except sundays fm June 23rd to Aug 22ng and 23rd for a musical that I have a tiny role in held at the indoor stadium. Than again if its after my rehearsal timing or a sunday I will cum.i mean come.

bb

Guest Cutie

Eh...i thot BW more than 3 years old? It has been more than 10 years since it started.....

In that case, shouldn't it be known as the New BW instead?

• 4 weeks later...

BW proudly presents:

The New BW 3rd Anniversary Party cum Chalet !

Chalet Date: 18th to 20th July (Fri to Sun)

Actual Anniversary Dinner Party Date: 19th July (Sat)

Anniversary Party Time: From 6pm onwards till late

Venue: Will only be revealed to those who sign up, transport from the nearest MRT will also be mentioned

Clothing: Causal smart; clothing optional (i wished :P)

There will be 2 tier pricing:

Just 19th Anniversary Dinner Party: $20

Staying overnight from 18th to 20th plus dinner party: $25 - Do note that no food be carter other than the dinner party.

There will be door gifts, lucky draws, dinner, drinks and games for the anniversary 19th party. It will be a great time to meet up with friends from the forum.

We are looking at a cap of 40pax on a 1st come 1st serve basis. Do RSVP with nicefatboy via mobile (if u have) or PM from here ...

We are looking for door gifts sponsor and lucky draw prizes donor.

So if you happen to be able to contribute, write to us!

..... Have you sign up with nicefatboy yet?

sound cool . where is the chalet located ?

It has been a standard BW rule that the venue for any gathering/function will not be disclosed openly. The main reason is about ensuring privacy. The organizer will PM or sms details only to those who are confirmed attending.

Hope you would be able to join the fun, chubbiee. :)

Click Here To Visit My Blog @ "The Blessed Life"

*Let me live my life to be an instrument of 'Love', in how I speak and in how I see others*

- May there be Love and Peace beyond all understanding -

I would like to join the celebration please get in touch with me soon.

To confirm your attendance, it is best that you PM OralB. It will make it easier for him to co-ordinate.

I am sure you will have fun that nite, abang. :)

*Let me live my life to be an instrument of 'Love', in how I speak and in how I see others*

Hi All

I am helping OralB do the registration for the party. Please send me a PM with your name and mobile number if you would like to attend. As Ikutube has mentioned, the location will be revealed nearer the date by PM/SMS. We will also advise you how to make payment nearer the date. Please note that due to space limitations, we will close the registration when we hit 40 people so sign up now as its on a first-come first serve basis.

Cheers

NFB

Guest Only Me

Sorry oralB, I tried to send a message from NFB profile but system asking me to log in... mmmmm I am sorry to be a pain, but is there another way I could be contacted please

Sorry maybe I am not good with these thngs... eeeekkk so embarrasing!!!!

Sorry oralB, I tried to send a message from NFB profile but system asking me to log in... mmmmm I am sorry to be a pain, but is there another way I could be contacted please

Sorry maybe I am not good with these thngs... eeeekkk so embarrasing!!!!

There is no way that u can PM a member here, unless you get yourself registered. And registration is free in BlowingWind :)

Alternatively, u can try to join the chatroom and look for nfb.

Only Me,

You will not be able to send Private Message (PM) or Email without first signing up as a member of Blowing Wind.

Members are given privileges while guest are not.

My suggestion to you is to sign up if you want to join us in the coming Anniversary celebration.

Ultimately, it is your choice.

There is nothing to be embarrassed.

Here's a workaround for folks who can't/won't register on the forum for some reason or other.

I just created bwanniversary@gmail.com and those folks can email their participation to that address, and i can forward to OB or NFB.

OB: What info do they need to furnish? You will get their email address already, u wud want a mobile number? real name? etc?

That email is just an example. Organisers can create another or if they wanna retain this one, i will gladly hand over the password.

Just a suggestion really, so pardon me for registering that email name.

Here's a workaround for folks who can't/won't register on the forum for some reason or other.

I just created bwanniversary@gmail.com and those folks can email their participation to that address, and i can forward to OB or NFB.

OB: What info do they need to furnish? You will get their email address already, u wud want a mobile number? real name? etc?

That email is just an example. Organisers can create another or if they wanna retain this one, i will gladly hand over the password.

Just a suggestion really, so pardon me for registering that email name.

So kind of you, uncle....

hmm anyway, i might be joining this event... but i will pm to NFB about it...

Hope to see you all guys soon... :P

258yvky.jpg

tks tennis uncle for the email setup.

As mentioned now u have no excuse not to come to the party as you can sign up even though you are not a member.

To ans some questions that we have been getting:

Age Limit?

this is a gather for all ages, we have member that's over 40s joining us, and we do have younger crowds as well.

Is this for chaser?

Nope, likewise our participants are across the board, that's what makes the forum interesting in the 1st place.

I am new...?

So are all of us when we started, eventually you will always be new if you dont take the 1st step out to meet us.

I dont know anyone...?

Rest assured we will ask regulars to bring you into the group.

What's the program?

On the dinner itself, we will have food, drinks, and ice breaker games. It is basically a get together to meet up with old friends and new buddies. We will end the night with a lucky draw.

For those who stay over the few days, we will have Mahjong, Wii games, movies watching...

BW proudly presents:

The New BW 3rd Anniversary Party cum Chalet !

Chalet Date: 18th to 20th July (Fri to Sun)

Actual Anniversary Dinner Party Date: 19th July (Sat)

Anniversary Party Time: From 6pm onwards till late

Venue: Will only be revealed to those who sign up, transport from the nearest MRT will also be mentioned

Clothing: Causal smart; clothing optional (i wished :P)

There will be 2 tier pricing:

Just 19th Anniversary Dinner Party: $20

Staying overnight from 18th to 20th plus dinner party: $25 - Do note that no food be carter other than the dinner party.

There will be door gifts, lucky draws, dinner, drinks and games for the anniversary 19th party. It will be a great time to meet up with friends from the forum.

We are looking at a cap of 40pax on a 1st come 1st serve basis. Do RSVP with nicefatboy via mobile (if u have) or PM from here ...

:thumb: If you dun have Oralb or NFB's mobiles and u can't register at BW to send PMs, you can now email yr RSVP to BW Anniversary RSVP. The password for bwanniversary@gmail.com has been given to Oralb and NFB and they will process yr request.

Unabashed Upping! :hat:

Edited by tennis_uncle

With another 18 days to our dinner party, we are excited to see regulars and newbies coming for the event.

For those whom has signed up, you should receive response from NFB or others, if not, do drop us a note here (via PM, email etc)

We still have some seats left and do sign up as we will close the registration once we reach our max number.

If you would like to sponsor door gifts or lucky draw prizes, do contact Gachi (shameless plug, you will be tapping to the well travelled, high income PLU group to market your products) It need not be tangible material, if there is a service you would like to intro, talk to Gachi on this.

Guest Only Me
Hi All

I am helping OralB do the registration for the party. Please send me a PM with your name and mobile number if you would like to attend. As Ikutube has mentioned, the location will be revealed nearer the date by PM/SMS. We will also advise you how to make payment nearer the date. Please note that due to space limitations, we will close the registration when we hit 40 people so sign up now as its on a first-come first serve basis.

Cheers

NFB

HI NFB.... didnt hear from you...... leave some bread crumbs or some smoke signal please

Kum Sia

HI NFB.... didnt hear from you...... leave some bread crumbs or some smoke signal please

Kum Sia

Hi Only Me

We have already chatted on msn and I have your mobile number. Will send you an sms by Friday 4 July on how to make payment. The address of the chalet will only be released to you on the day of the party itself early in the morning.

Cheers

Hi Guys

As of Wed 2 July, 930pm, we have 32 guests registered for the party. If you still want to attend, please sign up now by sending me a PM before we close registration.

If you have pm/sms OralB/myself or sent an email, you should have received an acknowledgement. Will advise you by Friday 4 July how to make payment.

If you would like to sponsor prizes/services for the party, please pm Gachi .

Thanks

NFB

Edited by nicefatboy

What's the crowd like for these kind of events?All old chubs?

You got something for or against old chubs?

I reckon shud be a fair mix of friendly mature gentlePLUfolks without attitudes.. Miscreants simply shud'nt bother. :twisted:

My hunch is there is some internal screening process... no? :ph34r:

Horny-you,

Your earlier post is a sure fire way to get yourself flamed, by the majority of uncles and chubs here.

Before it escalates into another flamming post, I've decided to move your post to The flamming room.

We thank you for stating your preference.

I've decided to include the 1st page of our forum which states that "Blowing Wind is a discussion forum for Mature Singapore Gay Man". I am coxk sure you miss the 1st page and had wondered into the wrong forum.

You might want to try www.fridae.com or www.trevvy.com so that you don't get us confused with the other 2 boards.

Oh, and you won't be missed.

BW forum can only help create opportunities for those single newbies to meet new people and to make new friends, the rest is up to you. In view of the coming BW anniversary party cum chalet, here are some tips to overcome shyness for those shy people if you decide to register and come for the party.

1. This may sound silly, but before you go out and approach a person, whether it is an aquaintance at work or a teacher, practice at home. Look in the mirror and say "Hello. How are you today?" If you practice enough, when you say it to the person, it will sound natural and it will feel natural to say it to the person.

2. Practice good posture and work on your smile. Even if still feel a bit shy, you will be more approachable and the person you intend to speak with may make the first move.

3. If you have a job interview, find someone you know to practice with. Sometimes community groups or employment programs offer sessions where you can do this. If you practice possible interview scenarios, you will be better prepared for the questions the potential employer might ask. You will be able to answer with confidence because you will know beforehand the answer that you wish to give.

4. Self fulfilling prophesy: Look in the mirror when you wake up, say out loud what your goals for the day are (I will talk to the new guy/girl at work today, for example), then visualize your self actually doing it. If you feel you need more time, do it the night before as well, or take as much time as you need until you feel ready.

5. When you do take the step and actually strike up a conversation, go slowly. Talk about "safe" topics such as the weather or current events. Eventually you will notice that you will have something in common with the person you are talking to and the conversation will flow naturally. You will soon forget about your shyness.

6. Finally, the most important thing you can do to overcome shyness is to believe in yourself. You can do whatever you put your mind to.

When people have confidence, they are able to interact and meet with people, go after the jobs they want, and accomplish their goals. It is important to overcome shyness to be able to accomplish your goals.

Last but not least, good luck and enjoy yourself! :thumb:

Edited by Red Be@n Soup

red bean soup - it is not "high-class" or spicy food; But it is simple to consume, easy to digest and enjoyed by almost everyone

Guest bearbear

Man, glad to know that yhese pass few months away fm BW that nothing much as change like people going off topic and flamers..............kekeke guess its part of a forum thing. Anyway, NFB, will sms you after this post, I will like to atten with 2 guest and Gachi and we do the suprise we wanted to do the last time/?

bb

WOW, thanks to all that has registered to help us reaching the capacity

also thanks to the helpers for assistance in the coordination!

see you all at the chalet!

JUST ONE MORE WEEK to go to our BW chalet and dinner!

For those who have responded (thank you) you have been contacted by nicefatboy by phone, email or PM by now.

If not, do drop a note to him again!

See you all this coming Sat!

the BW anniversary went WONDERFULLY...

we have a good mix of regulars and new comers and I hope all had a great time during the party.

True to our traditional, a new comer walked away with the top prize (grr...:P)

I would like to personally thank the following persons for assisting in making this event possible

- STB

- Asura

- Lup Cheong

- Gachi

Most importantly - NFB for taking time to coodindate for the event...

The cakes and brownies were from Windows and GrumpyBaker?

Really good ! Thank You so much for providing the superb tasting cakes and brownies!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I personally enjoyed the Mango cake alot! haha

I am sure alot of ppl loved it too.

Dear all,

It was a wonderful evening at the gathering. Indeed an eye-opener for me to see so many down-to-earth guys there :). It was very different from what I saw at the gym or clubs. The atmosphere was easy and friendly. I am glad to have attended the gathering, though I was apprehensive as I am a naturally shy person. Nevertheless, it was a great to be there and to get to talk to some of you.....especially to Gachi, who has enlightened me in some ways :lol:

Here are the pics of the mouth-watering Mango Cake and the Blueberry Cheesecake baked by our forum friend Windows. Of course not forgetting the tasty brownies from grumpybaker. You effort in baking those delicious cakes are appreciated by all! Thanks! :)

MangoCake.jpg

RaspCake.jpg

Edited by LupCheong

• Guest locked this topic