Male HQ

Alamak!

I am at a lost for words for this thread so do indulge me with this overly-dramatic title. Last week, some officers (I think from HBD or town council) came and spoke to my mum (I was away) and told her to remove the sturdy wooden shoe cabinet which I have placed by my side of flat, not obstructing anyone at all. The shoe cabinet has been there for years. Now these people said it has to go because it poses a 'fire hazard'. So, we have to dump out all the shoes and keep it in the storeroom for the meantime and move the damn cabinet all the way down to the lift basement. My mum told me to get a metal replacement- that should be safe. Anyone encounter the same problem?

I went hunting for a metal cabinet at Ikea Alexandra this afternoon and also at that big furniture store at Funan (forgot the name) but I cant find any. Ikea used to have to a metallic shoe cabinet which you can nail to the wall but they seem to have stopped bringing this in (unless they still have it at the Tampines outlet). Anyone know where to get? Do advise. Tks. :lol:

Edited by erection day

Never mind, tomorrow I'll call them and ask them many questions just to irritate the hell out of them. lol. Anyway I'll take a look at these 'plastic' cabinet at NTUC later. I have many Prada shoes and I hope my shoes do look good in the new cabinet. :lol: ... just joking lah. Fact is- I have many Bata slippers.

Edited by erection day

Hey.. Just a thought here..

'Fire hazard' might refer to the possibility that the shoe cabinet is partially blocking the passageway, thus making a smooth escape difficult, during a fire. No? :)

Edited by Sleepy

• 2 months later...
Hey.. Just a thought here..

'Fire hazard' might refer to the possibility that the shoe cabinet is partially blocking the passageway, thus making a smooth escape difficult, during a fire. No? :)

Agreeded.. when come to Health and Safty issue... Fire hazard does mean items/materials which may/will cause fire only, as you had mentioned..... blocking the passageway, thus making a smooth escape difficult, during a fire break out is also consider Fire hazard.

This what the officer more concern of... check the reason why. By the way, they have the right to remove anything at the corridoor as it belong to the council.

Letting go is an art of love and kindness to oneself :)

I am dismayed by the mentality of some HDB residents who no sense of not cluttering the corridors or stairways with useless junks that they picked up as unwanted. They just lie there year after year untouched but accumulating dust. The town councils are just turning a blind eye to how unsightly they are, fire hazard aside. Perhaps this is the most glaring difference between living in a HDB and a condo.

I am dismayed by the mentality of some HDB residents who no sense of not cluttering the corridors or stairways with useless junks that they picked up as unwanted. They just lie there year after year untouched but accumulating dust. The town councils are just turning a blind eye to how unsightly they are, fire hazard aside. Perhaps this is the most glaring difference between living in a HDB and a condo.

Hahaha... some people still have clutters infront of their corridor even in Condo lah... No problem for me to clutters at my corridor way cos I bought it down... :P

Edited by Walfred

Letting go is an art of love and kindness to oneself :)

• Guest locked this topic