Male HQ

Old Glory Days.... Gone And Forgotten? + Gay Club Memories (compiled)

Can anyone remember those days when Plaza Singapura(PS) and Lucky Plaza(LP) is a heaven for cruising?

I can still remember those days when i was working part-time in PS as a young kid. Going to the washroom is full of excitment! I had my first experience there!

Cruising was even more daring and happening in LP.

These activities have since stop. But everytime I go there, memories of their golden days flood always bring a smile to my face....

Guest curious

hi, cubbybear,

Did the first experience in PS make u realise that u are gay?

Or you already know that you were gay, before you had that first experience in PS?

By the way, how old were u when you had your first experience in PS? Can tell us more about the first experience.

Since you were working in PS at that time, did you (after the first experience) find yourself getting into fun more and more often in PS?

I was 12... and wasting time in PS before tuition when this handsome older GWM pinched my butt. I was shocked but then pleasantly surprised when he later showed me how to pleasure another man.

PS came before LP I think... I remember almost all the floors in PS can be good, especially B2 and the 5th floor toliet in the corner closer to Dhoby Ghaut MRT side. For some peace and quiet, you bring your new friend to the nice and posh toliets in 6th floor where DBS bank used to keep their offices. On weekend so quiet, no one to hear him scream when you f**k him sore... :D

LP was also quite crazy in the early 90s. 6th floor was good because of Vincent's bar back then. B1 and 2nd lvl was always crazy, esp with the urinals in 2nd lvl hidden from everyone. You never know what you can find.. a lot of crazy guys there... smackbum8bl.gif

Anyone remember the huge glory holes in Paradis Center and Peace Center? Had also met some very nice uncles there... cuddle6qp.gif

Guest curious

hi, TopChinese,

So was it the action with the older handsome GWM in PS that make u want to have fun with guy, again and again?

Before you had the first action with that GWM in PS (when you were 12), did you already know that you like to play with guys?

Please share your experience.

Can anyone remember those days when Plaza Singapura(PS) and Lucky Plaza(LP) is a heaven for cruising?

I think the peak of Lucky Plaza’s cruising should be in 80s, I think almost all floors were cruisy especially the Basement 2 and guys would climbed up-and down the ‘smelly’ fire-escaped staircases next to toilets, I think due to poor ventilation and cleanliness. Guys normally would cruise from ‘Shaw House’, long before the Isetan Scotts and then moved to Lucky Plaza to try their luck.

The subsequent upgrading of LP where people needed to pay 10cents to enter the toilet made the place lesser guys to go for cruising and now with the establishment with gay saunas, somehow LP and Plaza Spura dying off.

a good oral sex makes your day, a good anal sex makes your "hole weak"

:D:D

As time passes, cruising places shifted........

What you mention is more to the town area.....but eventually nowadays our neighbourhood estate is actually more cruisy then those in town......

As neighbourhood recreation facilities upgraded over the years with new malls around our corner, people has becomes more lazy to move their butt to take public transport to these facinating town areas for the excitment, they would rather try their luck over the neighbourhood.

Here are some high active neighbourhood estate which eventually I have explore over these years;

Ang Mo Kio, Toa Payoh, Clementi, Tampinese, Bedok. In regards cruising location has move from just public toilet to places like parks, swimming pools and gym, not forgetting Carpark at the East.......

:thumb:

Haaa.. remember how we used to cheat the poor toliet aunties in LP? By putting in 5 cents in the box instead of a full 20 cents? Or stay in the 2nd floor toliet on a full 20 cent for 1 hour? Some guys go inside and never return!!! :)

I remember the smelly fire-escape route in PS where you can do a single "round" from b2 toliets through all the toliets from B2 to L7 and go to the toliets on the other side and down again back to B2. My record was 4 guys in a single round.. sigh, to be young again. :D

I was always gay as a kid, some strange feeling when I saw handsome hairy guys on TV... Burt Reynolds, Tom Selleck, Zhu Houren... cock always stir. The GWM I met in PS only showed me how to express my feelings.... and he was a GREAT teacher! :thumb:

And PS was my playground, so many men to practise my new skills on... esp all the hot uncles! :D

Paradis was very very very bad in those days. I remember f**king this uncle at the "penthouse" toliet at the 5th floor in the corner... it had a nice view of orchard.. dun think it is going anymore tho.. :(

As time passes, cruising places shifted........

What you mention is more to the town area.....but eventually nowadays our neighbourhood estate is actually more cruisy then those in town......

As neighbourhood recreation facilities upgraded over the years with new malls around our corner, people has becomes more lazy to move their butt to take public transport to these facinating town areas for the excitment, they would rather try their luck over the neighbourhood.

Other than all of you have mentioned it, during the early 80s, the cruising places seemed to be scattered in several areas which I did during the time, there were also some places in heartlands which I wasn't aware of it:

Orchard areas (mainly at Lucky Plaza, Shaw House and Spura Plaza), other than LP and SP, Shaw House’s activity only on weekend especially Sunday Afternoon.

The night activity in Orchard area was the bar lounge at Forum Hotel, now it had been demolished where the Forum Galleria Building is now located. Mostly PLUs would be hanging around the bar and watching the performance of local band called ‘Tania’, was told that this band still around but the musicians must be old already. The toilet was then very cruisy.

Bencoolen areas:

Parklane Shopping Centre, Paradiz Centre and Peace Centre (mainly the activity in the toilet)

Esplanade areas (opposite the Padang):

The cruising area was concentrated mainly around the Cenotaph and Elizabeth Walk. Mainly the activity in quite late evening especially on weekend and most cruisers were driving their own car (similar to Fort Rd) and the worst things at the time, once we meet someone, didn’t know where to go to have ‘fun’, many would ’do’ it in the car.

Chinatown areas:

Hong Lim Park, Pearl Centre (mostly at toilets) and Upper Pickering Street/Church Street (around the bushes) where now the Great Eastern Building is now located.

Much later, when the 1st gay sauna was established called the ‘Spartacus’ at South Bridge Rd, then somehow the cruising areas encroached to the areas around OCBC Headquarter, Chulia Street, North Canal Rd, Boat Quay areas and all the backlanes around the areas.

Well, those areas were history already. Then cruising areas in mid 90s seemed a bit changed where guys like to hang around the Raffles Place MRT Station.

:blink:

Quote: Golf and sex are about the only things you can enjoy without being good at them. ~ US Professional Golfer Jimmy Demaret

Quote: If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play at it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf. ~ Actor Bob Hope (1903 - 2003)

2 articles that reminiscent the old days - gone & forgotten (?)

a. An article from the old BW BBS, archived under "Interesting Posts" . It is the "Prehistory Of Singapore Gay Sauna" by Lungker (One of our BW Moderator) . Read it at http://www.blowingwind.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=4 .

b. "Singapore Gay Venues - Historical" - An article at SGWiki which is a local version of wikipedia about Singapore matters. You can read it at http://www.sgwiki.com/wiki/Singapore_gay_venues:_historical

Cheers!

Dear curious,

I knew I was gay way before a started working in PS. It was after my 'O' Levels and I have 6 months of holiday before school starts. It was after my lunch time hour around 2. I make my way to the then 2nd floor toilet (the one on the same level was at the other end of the building. I was peeing at the urinal when this GWM walk in. He is a handsome bear indeed. He stand at the urinal next to me and started his business. I took a peek and saw that his tool was already in semi-erected mode. I was blushing!

I quickly make my way to the washing basin. But keep looking from the corners of my eyes. He kept his tool and and stand next to me ast the washing basin too! I was too nervous to even look up. Finally, he said "hi"....... and ask if we can go for a drink. I told him I am still at work and can only make it after 6. He said fine, and say he'll wait for me in-front of the old Yaohan. I replied ok with a smile and make my way back to work.... Time seems to pass very slowly that particular day!

Finally, the time has come, I quickly punched my time-card and make my way to meet him. And true enough, he was standing there reading the papers. Something made him look up and he saw me. Came over, and say lets go! I say where to and he replied: Dinner, the wait has make me hungry! We walk a short distance to Cuppage Plaza and had our dinner there. In between food, we chated and get to know each other. Only then did i know that he was 34yrs my senior! ANd he thought i was in my early 20s!!! (i frowned and think... do i look that old???) We spend the evening having coffee and talking and more coffee and more talking. Finally, he pop the question and ask if i would like to go to his hotel........ I declined. He looked dejected at that point but perk up again when i say i can visit in the morning! He send me back in a cab before heading back to his hotel which was Balmoral Park Hotel. And during the journey, he was holding my hands....

Ok.. thats good enough! I will leave the rest of the details to your imaginations! :twisted:

He became my bf for the next 3 yrs... Distance relationship took its toil on us.. we still keep in constant contact though...

Oh.. btw.. the toilet in Centrepoint near Bangawang Solo was also very cruisy during weekends.. But.. those were the days.. yet again!

Chubby nice story... thanks for sharing!

I once met my Sec 4 maths teacher in the urinal in PS.... have always admired him in school when I was younger, he's very handsome, older in his 40s with mustache and sharp features. So imagine my surprise when I walked into the 5th floor toliet and found him there, playing with his hard on... I joined him there and "trapped him", he didn't know I was in the same school he was in. He was beautiful..... :D

And of course imagine his surprise when he bump into me in school the next week.... :rolleyes:

Guest Guest

Old National Library was once cruisy too

My first experience there.

Most exciting was PS in the nights

Group exhibition and fun cos the design of the toilets help to hide actions.

cubicles and urinals at the far end of the toilet.

Had a group groping & j/o fun there b4 with the Toilet door creaking so can hear anyone coming

Most of my youth was spent gallivanting from Peace Centre to Parklane to Paradiz to Plaza Singapura and winding up of course at the grand old dame of outdoor cruising, HongLim Park. :(

我有煙但係邊個有火。。。

... and the River Valley Swimming Pool with open-sided showers and many kena 'caught' having sex in the toilet cubicle by the lifeguard....and I remember during the times some 'articles in newspaper' for those guys who got caught.

For those who were still horny, they would contnue cruising at toilets just opposite the building Liang Court, where the former Daimaru Dept Store located.

Most of my youth was spent gallivanting from Peace Centre to Parklane to Paradiz to Plaza Singapura and winding up of course at the grand old dame of outdoor cruising, HongLim Park. :(

Parklane? Paradis Centre? how come never seen you before... I was there almost every other day after school! For a game of snooker that is.. But the basement toilet is oh so cruisy!

Long time ago, I also once got ‘caught’ with some one in the toilet cubicle by a security guard and luckily was released by him easily as he recoqnised me as golfer and he was once caddy. If not ‘him’, my name would be appeared in newspaper the next day and what a ‘lucky day’ for me and since then I told myself that I’ll never ‘do’ it in the cubicle again.

Quote: Golf and sex are about the only things you can enjoy without being good at them. ~ US Professional Golfer Jimmy Demaret

Quote: If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play at it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf. ~ Actor Bob Hope (1903 - 2003)

Long time ago, I also once got ‘caught’ with some one in the toilet cubicle by a security guard and luckily was released by him easily as he recoqnised me as golfer and he was once caddy. If not ‘him’, my name would be appeared in newspaper the next day and what a ‘lucky day’ for me and since then I told myself that I’ll never ‘do’ it in the cubicle again.

Yeah, moral of the story, cruising in the toilet should be okay but having 'fun' within or inside the toilet cubicle has many risks too. If got 'caught' then as you said name would appear in the newspaper and the side affect could be the employer ask to leave the company, the neighbours in the estate would start gossiping and affect the family members too and many other ....

Which is why cruising is so out dated now... why cruise and have sex in a smelly toliet when you can bring the guy somewhere else for safe and discreet fun. Raffles City is only minutes away from TC, OneSeven and BH.

Oh well, back in those days, we really didn't have a choice. The police was also known then to conduct "entrapment exercises" with undercover policeboys at the toliets to catch gays. Thank goodness, these exercises were stopped once the High Court said it was not fair to gays.

Which is why cruising is so out dated now... why cruise and have sex in a smelly toliet when you can bring the guy somewhere else for safe and discreet fun. Raffles City is only minutes away from TC, OneSeven and BH.

Well, I also agreed with your opinion, however having said that, I read some opinions in these threads that a number of guys who are NOT into gay sauna for whatever reasons and prefer cruising in toilets and having 'fun' in toilet cubicles.

Most of my youth was spent gallivanting from Peace Centre to Parklane to Paradiz to Plaza Singapura and winding up of course at the grand old dame of outdoor cruising, HongLim Park.  :(

Parklane? Paradis Centre? how come never seen you before... I was there almost every other day after school! For a game of snooker that is.. But the basement toilet is oh so cruisy!

Well, it's about time we get to know each other. :P

我有煙但係邊個有火。。。

Most of my youth was spent gallivanting from Peace Centre to Parklane to Paradiz to Plaza Singapura and winding up of course at the grand old dame of outdoor cruising, HongLim Park.  :(

Well, it's about time we get to know each other. :P

yah boy....

• 3 weeks later...
Guest GoodOdays

Those were the days, the golden Prime gay times before the Aids Hiv invaded the earth............the Nostagic memories

those born in the 50s or 60s will remember..

the gay cruising activaties started as early as the 60s

for toilet cruising:

ODEON Cinema toilets (where the bras basah complex now)

when ever aft a cinema shows ended, lots men stand at the urinal tray, at that time theres no partitions, is a longkang drain like long aluminium tray, every man squeeze each other closely, and stare at each others c**k.

CAPITOL

Guest GoodOdays

CAPITOL Cinema (close down and redevelop into shopping centre)

especialy during weekends on fridays and saturdays, lots of Ang-Mo here like to cruise the young asians.

ROBINSON DEPT STORE at Raffles Place carpark (now the OUB bank)

cruise in the dept store all levels toilets and also the raffles Place multi story car park toilet.

LIDO Cinema Toilet & SHAW Centre shopping centre toilet

Shaw Centre toilet was very very cruisy any time of the days.

FITZPATRICK SUPERMART toilet (where Paragon orchard is now)

the toilet was popular with ang mo cruise asian boy too.

Guest GoodOdays

for Pubs & Discos

Le Bistro Pub at Tropicana Night CLub (where Pacific Plaza at Scotts now)

lots of singles asians go there to cruise the ang-mo, mainly male clientele

TREE TOP BAR at HOLIDAY INN SCOTTS

this bar was very cruisy during night late hours

PEPPLES BAR at FORUM HOTEL (where the Forum Galeria is now)

the popular Tania band with rock style was ever popular and pack every night.

BAN CHUAN CAFE at ORCHARD ( where the Palais Renaisance is now)

populars for huslers and hookers in the 70s

ORCHARD PEDESTRIAN MALL

can easily cruise your objects be it locals or foreigners.

Guest GoodOdays

DISCOS

MAMOTA (where the Leisure Drome is now)

i am sure every one will know the MAMOTA at stadium walk is, is a truly gay disco.

NICHE at FAR EAST PLAZA

was the evergreen popular place for young local gays 70s to 80s

HANGER (where the upper east coast road The Summit condo now)

wow is a very popular out of town gay disco, the mood was high and the dance was hot and steamy. man and man hugiing tight and dance...

any one one can rem and like to add more for the memorable yesteryear's golden gay times? :whistle:

Guest Guest_Treadmill

The first gay disco I went to was Hanger, it was one fateful Sunday night during Jan. 1984, some friends celebrated birthday there. Met a national swimmer, we hooked up , & I lost my virginity to him the next morning.

Besides Niche ,Legend was also very popular for the flamboyant local cabin crews, celebrities , 'so & so sons' etc . They usually went there to see and be seen, as well as to flaunt their trendy outfit, they dressed to kill during x'mas or newyear eves parties, when the parties ended, they adjourned to Hyatt Hotel coffee house in small groups and gossip..... who was currently with whom, so & so was dating so & so when his other half was out of town etc. etc, those were simply juicy and sometime bitchy gossiping.

& donot forget Chinoiserie, the gay friendly highend club in Hyatt.

On the other hand, Marmota were more down to earth , many NS guys and 'chinese helicopters ' on Sunday nights, mostly in T shirts & jeans . Very Beng.

Great memories!

I remember after Mamota, there are a few locations afterwards where they held Sunday dance.

Odean plaza next to Katong Shopping Centre (can't remember the disco's name)

Pan Pacific Hotel (can't remember the disco's name)

Melia at Scott (next to Newton MRT) (can't remember the disco's name)

Pacific Plaza (next to Orchard Theatre) (They had a few name change)

Anyone wants to fill in the names?

Then there is Vincent's Pub at Lucky Plaza, which was the earliest PLU pub. Being the pioneer, they enjoyed many years of patronage by local and foreigners until they moved to Duxton couple of years ago and sadly, closed shop last year.

For readers who are interested in the history of our gay cruising places, you might read in this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singapore_gay_history

Guest bearbear
and there is this toilet in Balestier near the Boon tong kee chicken rice... where the od market is (torn down now)

oh yes.........that toilet was the best. i used to live few streets away and every night i will go there and surly will get a suck.

once even suck this nice chiese daddy whom turn out to me a CID officer,which i only found out after 5 dates after he fxxked me at his place............

he just said after he came and we were resting in bed" i better tell you but please dun get scared but i work for the CID but im not from vice so dun worry"

i was scared at first than after half hour i got turn on again as i fxxk him this time round.

we lost contract after awhile as he was a married man,married to a thai lady whom so happen went back to bkk during the time i met him.

those were the days............

Guest GoodOdays

oh yeah! not to miss the famous SUA KIA TENG 山仔顶 male toilet with the old red brick wall and in retangle shape colonial style toilet that built in the middle of heavy traffic island, just right opposite the famous evergreen HONG LIM PARK , at that time alot of very rugged and muscular koolee苦力 uncle, very man, very big tool, but very frustrated and no $ to but sex from female prostitute so resolve to toilet sex with gays, let gays have FOC good suck from str8 Koolee uncle, i must say those gay that suck the mucular str8 man in the SUA KIA TENG toilet very very Taan teeo 赚到 lor! :D :whistle:

Guest GoodOdays
I remember after Mamota, there are a few locations afterwards where they held Sunday dance.

Odean plaza next to Katong Shopping Centre (can't remember the disco's name)

Pan Pacific Hotel (can't remember the disco's name)

Melia at Scott (next to Newton MRT) (can't remember the disco's name)

Pacific Plaza (next to Orchard Theatre) (They had a few name change)

Anyone wants to fill in the names?

Then there is Vincent's Pub at Lucky Plaza, which was the earliest PLU pub. Being the pioneer, they enjoyed many years of patronage by local and foreigners until they moved to Duxton couple of years ago and sadly, closed shop last year.

oh yeah... i rem the one at pacific hotel basement is called RASCAL, ooh i like that name so notty and says it all for its wild and let loose yourself to enjoy good times.

also the RUMOURS at the new Forum galleria in the 80s, dance till the floor red... :oops:

then the SCANDAL at the new Raffles city was a gay cum str8 mix disco too

Guest GoodOdays
The first gay disco I went to was Hanger, it was one fateful Sunday night during Jan. 1984, some friends celebrated birthday there. Met a national swimmer, we hooked up , & I lost my virginity to him the next morning.

Besides Niche ,Legend was also very popular for the flamboyant local cabin crews, celebrities , 'so & so sons' etc . They usually went there to see and be seen, as well as to flaunt their trendy outfit, they dressed to kill during x'mas or newyear eves parties, when the parties ended, they adjourned to Hyatt Hotel coffee house in small groups and gossip..... who was currently with whom, so & so was dating so & so when his other half was out of town etc. etc, those were simply juicy and sometime bitchy gossiping.

& donot forget Chinoiserie, the gay friendly highend club in Hyatt.

On the other hand, Marmota were more down to earth , many NS guys and 'chinese helicopters ' on Sunday nights, mostly in T shirts & jeans . Very Beng.

Great memories!

ooh YEah..... i love HANGER and CHINOI too :clap: :whistle: :smokin:

HANGER for its colonial bungalow hugh villa build on the hill slope, so Nostalgic like those Hong Kong Style Villa on the hill over looking the sea, at that time east coast havent reclaim the sea yet. far from the madding city crowd 山高皇帝远 尽情欢乐解放

Aiyo i am regular to Chinoi Hyatt, is really a place to see and to be seen,

Auntie David Gan like to wore Kansai Yamamoto loud t shirts, Francis Cheong wore all the OrGAnza stuff, very Heow :whistle: :P and also the Gorgeous Hunky Male models like to hang out CHINOI to seduce and tease gals and guys....

Cecil Cheong the eurasian look chinese male model and DAVID LIM the hunky katong boy with that moody sultry look, ooh his bod is so super, even the new generation male model GERALD WONG cant compare to him lah.. :whistle: :B) :thumb: at that time my fav song at CHNOI were Tina Turnar hits, and SO MANY MEN SO LITTLE TIME, most of all before the disco close they will play NEVER CAN SAY GOOD BYE.. no no no .. no no no ...da di da di da :whistle: aiyo that BRANDAN BARKER was so openly gay huh! :D :hat: and he and that DXXK LEE always like to dance SALZA tightly and sexy...

oh yeah! not to miss the famous SUA KIA TENG 山仔顶 male toilet with the old red brick wall and in retangle shape colonial style toilet that built in the middle of heavy traffic island, just right opposite the famous evergreen HONG LIM PARK , at that time alot of very rugged and muscular koolee苦力 uncle, very man, very big tool, but very frustrated and no $ to but sex from female prostitute so resolve to toilet sex with gays, let gays have FOC good suck from str8 Koolee uncle, i must say those gay that suck the mucular str8 man in the SUA KIA TENG toilet very very Taan teeo 赚到 lor! :D :whistle:

waah, I only heard about the SUA KIA TENG 山仔顶 toilet from old timers at least 60+ years old. I even met an old lawyer who used to work nearby and he told me those coolies will save every cent to send home. And at that time there are much more men than women around, so they resort to adopting kai ka ti, men who provide them regular sexual services.

This lawyer was so fair and smooth, he picked a few good looking and clean ( some lazy ones smell really bad, very very few good looking ones ) ones and bring them home to entertain them and be their kai ka ti. He serve them good food, let them watch telly and let them poke in bed regularly like a mistress. At that time these things were well known but never talked about so he never had troubles from them even after he got married and rented another place. Only sometimes they come back before the appointed times and horny for sex and he had to let them poke him. They were like wild animals in bed but once satisfied, they will be nice as kittens.

Guest Wow so interesting

Dear Uncles and Aunties, I should have been born earlier to join you all at these interesting places .....

Was Xanadu & Studio M PLU's ?

Omitted Ridley @ the Park ,located at level 2 (enter from the back), of former Century Park Sheration, later renamed ANA and now demoblished., which opened during 1989, was the in place for the yuppy, gorgeous one! Thursday was defacto PLU night , the DJ was so cute and PLU friendly. During it's peak, the Q stretched till ground floor walk way, but it's popularity didnot last, closed 1 or 2 years later.

Guest GoodOdays
Was Xanadu & Studio M PLU's ?

Omitted Ridley @ the Park ,located at level 2 (enter from the back), of former Century Park Sheration, later renamed ANA and now demoblished., which opened during 1989, was the in place for the yuppy, gorgeous one! Thursday was defacto PLU night , the DJ was so cute and PLU friendly. During it's peak, the Q stretched till ground floor walk way, but it's popularity didnot last, closed 1 or 2 years later.

Yeah Yeah !! Shangri La Hotel

before XANADU disco open, it was previously name LOST HORIZON,

it was the hot saturdayday night fever prime time, lost of ala john trvolta dance wildly there, i did my SALZA, The HUSTLE there too....

also then theres many private GAY parties held at the CarinHill old walk up apt behind the Lucky Plaza, theres a ang mo man by the name of SAM, he is a gay circle socialite, he would organise parties on every ocassions, only invited guest are allow to attend, i am lucky to one of the invited guest on the list, and once at the party you will see "celebrities" like Dxxk Lxx, Brandon BarKXX, MArk Chxn, ROY CHXN, etc etc 都是 有头有脸 呼风唤雨 星光闪闪的风云人物哦

"celebrities" like Dxxk Lxx, Brandon BarKXX, MArk Chxn, ROY CHXN, etc etc 都是 有头有脸 呼风唤雨 星光闪闪的风云人物哦

& donot forget that famous Fashion buyer, 'the other half' of one of the abovenamed. Lots of juicy gossip about them , and the national footballer's brother!

• Guest locked this topic