Male HQ

Bw Banner Ads For Charity !

oralb

bannerad1.png

This is part of our change 2009 campaign...

Blowing Wind Charity Drive

1. The moderators have decided to start a charity drive to benefit charity. This program will last for a year.

2. For this charity drive, we intent to sell the banner space next to the Blowing Wind Logo. This is premium location as it is shown to all readers and will appear on almost every page. ALL proceeds will go to Charity.

3. How will this Work

i. Business who like to advertise has to prepare ONE banner advert of dimension 468 x 60 px. BW will host this banner advert image. Business owner can provide an optional destination URL when readers click on the advert.

ii. The banner advert will be displayed on at least 90% of the BW web site head banner, next to the BW logo. This will be for exactly 30 calendar days.

iii. All banner advert are sold in blocks of 30 days with only ONE image and ONE URL. This limitation will thus not impose too much overhead for the mods/admin.

iv. As this is the first time we're trying this, we will let business owner make us a reasonable offer. We are hoping to get at least $100 every month. ie Approximately $3.30/day of cost to business owner. [it is now $150/month from Jan 2009]

v. The business owner can contact any of the mods by PM / email with an image of the banner advert. We will schedule the advert when slots are available. We reserve the right to reject any advertisement for whatever reason.

4. Direct Payment to Charity

i. Upon formal acceptance of the advertisement, the business owner can proceed to make payment. To make it easy, we suggest business owner to make payment of the agreed amount to any of the charities BW Mod will nominate.

ii. The donation receipt must be made in the name of "Blowing Wind Forum" or "BW Forum".

iii. This receipt can be delivered or email to the mod. The mod will call the charity to verify the authenticity of the receipt. We will also display the receipt for our readers.

5. Blowing Wind admin will then arrange for the advert to be shown for exactly 30 days.

6. We will not provide refunds of advert for whatever reason.

7. We reserve the right to amend the above process, terms and condition.

8. Please help our charity drive.

Posted On behalf of all Blowing Wind Moderators

:thumb: When I Think It, I Do It, I Win It! :thumb:

Sound great! Is there anyway I can contact you in a pte mail or contact? Sori, I m new to your forum. Dun think that my questions will be any interests to your members.

If you have sharp eyes, you would have seen that we have gotten our 1st charity ads (look up beside our BW icon.

afa_receipt97.jpg

Shogun has donated $300 to Action For Aids (AFA) on BW forum & our reader's behalf. We will thus be displaying their banner adv.

Kudos to Shogun for supporting both our charity drive and AFA, and of coz, please support them. You can click on the Shogun banner ad to check out their facilities and their theme nites.

We are still looking for donor for future ads and if you have a charity in mind that you want to support, do suggest!

tkj, why dont you register yourself, that way you can PM the mods and other members

Hi moderators, as per yr advise. I wrote a email regards the Charity banner..did you recieve it ? No reply till date

so far none of the mod has gotten your mail.

did u PM (only members can PM)

or

Email? (whom did you email)

as we are running on a volunteering basis, hence not operating number we are using. (cant afford anyway :P)

we have gotten rather positive query on the advertising spot.

Hence we would like to ask you the reader on how abt another advertising spot on the bottom of the page?

(shameless plug so that we have top and bottom mah)

also we are waiting for suggestions on charity that you would like us to donate to.

Do support us and the advertiser as ALL PROCEED (100%) goes to the charity, as now we require the advertiser to donate directly to our appointed charity and therefore no money flows to us.

• 1 month later...

Happy 2009!

We started off our 1st day in 2009 with another uplifting news, we have another sponsor for our charity drive.

SportsmenAsia, the Definitive Men's Shop for the trendiest sportswear, swim wear, underwear and male adult lifestyle products, has donated S$400 to AFA!

Here's their official receipt from AFA

afa_receipt99.png

We will be running their banner ads in our forum.

To SportsmenAsia, thank you for assisting in our charity drive and helping the community.

Here's a quick update on our donation drive.

- you can be an individual or a company

- let's us know your intention via PM or email

- currently we are supporting AFA, but if you have a charity of your choice, do let us know. (but hor if you tell me FoTF, I will bitch slap you to the end of the world :P)

- Donate to the charity under our name (www.blowingwing.org or blowingwind forum)

- Email us your banner ads and we will display on our forum pages

We have 2 slots for advertisiing, the top and the bottom banners (pun intended), and here's the rate:

Top Banner - At least S$150 donation per month

Bottom Banner - At least S$100 donation per month

For more detailed information, do refer to my 1st posting in this topic.

ALL PROCEED GOES TO THE CHARITY AS YOU DONATE DIRECTLY! we do not handle any money.

Do lend us your support!

• 4 months later...

Hi All:

Just let to bump this up again.

Do read the previous post for the background info.

Donation to AFA can be done on personal or company basis, and we can run the ads for the top or bottom banners here.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you to www.probodyworks.net for donating $100 to AFA. If you look at the bottom banner, you can find his ads and a direct link to his site!

Here's his receipt from AFA

afa_receipt139.jpg

so far, we have help AFA gathered $800 in donations, please support the donors and support our charity drive!

Shameless plug: We still have the TOP banner available for your advertising, it can be commerical or even personal messages, like celebrating your anniversary by declaring your love to him!

All proceeds will go DIRECTLY to AFA, we do not handle any money.

Latest news:

New Shogun Sauna (18A Hong Kong Street - Tel : +65 6221-0367) has donated another $300 to AFA!

Making the total tally by now to $1,100 donations to AFA

Here's the receipt

afa_receipt140.png

Thank you to Shogun for assisting the community despite the tough economic conditions!

• 2 months later...

To celebrate Shogun's anniversary, they have contributed to the community with another donation to AFA on our behalf.

afa_receipt148.png

Once again, a big thank you to Shogun.

New Shogun Sauna (18A Hong Kong Street - Tel : +65 6221-0367)

Total Charity tally = S$1,250

ALL DONATION WILL GO STRAIGHT TO THE CHARITY, we do not handle a single cent.

• 1 month later...

New Shogun Sauna (18A Hong Kong Street - Tel : +65 6221-0367) has donated $450 to Kwong Wai Shiu Hospital, on our forum behalf.

We will allocate the top banner for Shogun for the next 3 months

kws_receipt176941.jpg

Kwong Wai Shiu Hospital (KWSH) is a charitable organization committed to providing quality healthcare to the sick and needy in Singapore. With a staff strength of more than 200 employees, KWSH occupies 14 blocks in a 6-acre compound. Our facilities include an In-patient Department (IPD), an Out-patient Department (OPD), a Day Rehabilitation Centre (DRC) and a Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) Centre.

Most of our patients come from the lower-income families whose hospital charges are subsidized by KWSH. We are therefore heavily dependent on the public's support and donations to meet our annual operating expenses of about S$11.5 Million.

http://www.kwsh.org.sg/abt_kws.htm

A very big thank you to Shogun sauna for being supportive and giving back to society, I sincerely hope this can lead to more organizations doing so. You need not do so under our charity drive, but whatever amount you contribute will add good karma to your life...

Total Charity tally = S$1,700 since our launch of our charity drive...

• 3 months later...

New Shogun Sauna (18A Hong Kong Street - Tel : +65 6221-0367) has donated $300 to AFA, on behalf of our forum.

afa_receipt163.jpg

We will allocate the top banner for Shogun for the next 2 months

Total Tally of our community project = $2,000 since launch

Once again, a big THANK YOU to Shogun for supporting our charity project and helping the community.

• 9 months later...

No Frills Factory Outlet (http://eshop.on-us.net/cms/nofrills) has donated $150 to AFA, on behalf of our forum.

afa_receipt0249.jpg

We will allocate the top banner for them for the next 1 month

Total Tally of our community project = $2,150 since our launch

Once again, a big THANK YOU to No Frills Factory Outlet for supporting our charity project and helping the community.

In addition:

No Frills Factory Outlet (Singapore) - Trendy Underwear, Japanese Fundoshi (Rokushaku, Ecchu, Mokko, Onaga Kuroneko), Caps, Belts, Apparel and other Fashionable Accessories for the Modern Men

No Frills will also donate S$1 to AFA for every item sold under the following categories/items :

Underwear

Caps

Fundoshis

Clothing (tank tops, T-S etc)

Belts

Bags

Note : Items under Wraps, Special Buys, Skincare and Pre-Owned Items are not covered under this. More information on the charity initiative can be found at

http://eshop.on-us.net/cms/index.php?page=en_Donations+to+AFA&p=nofrills

• 1 month later...

No Frills Factory Outlet (http://eshop.on-us.net/cms/nofrills) has donated ANOTHER sum of $150 to AFA, on behalf of our forum.

We will allocate the top banner for them for the next 1 month

Total Tally of our community project = $2,300 since our launch

Once again, a big THANK YOU to No Frills Factory Outlet for supporting our charity project and helping the community.

In addition:

No Frills Factory Outlet (Singapore) - Trendy Underwear, Japanese Fundoshi (Rokushaku, Ecchu, Mokko, Onaga Kuroneko), Caps, Belts, Apparel and other Fashionable Accessories for the Modern Men

No Frills will also donate S$1 to AFA for every item sold under the following categories/items :

Underwear

Caps

Fundoshis

Clothing (tank tops, T-S etc)

Belts

Bags

Note : Items under Wraps, Special Buys, Skincare and Pre-Owned Items are not covered under this. More information on the charity initiative can be found at

http://eshop.on-us.net/cms/index.php?page=en_Donations+to+AFA&p=nofrills

• Guest locked this topic