Male HQ

Holiday In Cameron Highlands / Penang

enjoylife77

Regrettably not for this trip. My bf, whom I have appointed as navigator, and I wll be visiting friends in KL and smaller town along the way. As such, our schedule is expected to be very unpredictable. When visits are done, searching for exotic food is on our agenda. Whilst in Cameron Highlands, we will try to solve the Jim Thompson's mystery.

Edited by enjoylife77

We stayed at the Century Pines Hotel in Cameron. It is quite a new hotel, RM253 for standard room.

I love the room and bathrooms - very nice, modern and spacious! Restaurants are just outside the hotel.

Equatorial is on a hill, and there are many stalls and nurseries on both sides of the main road leading to Equatorial.

Strawberry Park is on a much higher hill, and is very isolated.

It consists of a few blocks, much like condos, but there is nothing there.

In Cameron, you can buy those cactus (selling here 3 for S$10) at 8 for RM10.

You may want to have tea and scones at the Smokehouse - the house and garden are beautiful!

Edited by eric6363

We stayed at the Century Pines Hotel in Cameron. It is quite a new hotel, RM253 for standard room.

I love the room and bathrooms - very nice, modern and spacious! Restaurants are just outside the hotel.

Equatorial is on a hill, and there are many stalls and nurseries on both sides of the main road leading to Equatorial.

Strawberry Park is on a much higher hill, and is very isolated.

It consists of a few blocks, much like condos, but there is nothing there.

In Cameron, you can buy those cactus (selling here 3 for S$10) at 8 for RM10.

You may want to have tea and scones at the Smokehouse - the house and garden are beautiful!

Many thanks for your recommendation.

I have considered Century Pines but eventually settled for Heritage Hotel because it has balcony. Looking at the map, it is less central than Century Pines. It cost RM$205 nett only if book through Cameron Highlands website.

Agree that Strawberry Park is very isolated; been there for afternoon tea many many years ago.

Will be going to Malaysia Tourist Centre, 80 Robinson Road, to further research on Malacca and Penang.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.