Male HQ

- Bw Forum 2008 In Review -

oralb

The coming of a new year is the best time to review and reflect our past year activities.

Below is our review for 2008, thanks Hendry, do feel free to add your comments

- BW web site got suspended by Forumer on 5 Feb 2008 on some contents. It was later traced to a forum thread about video which apparently Google Adsense services took offence with. We got reinstated on 7 Feb 2008 (CNY).

- We rallied the community and one month later we moved BW to paid hosting on 6 March 2008.

- BW also started having commercial advertisement banners (Google AdSense), Google Search which paid us on advertisements clicked. This was agreed with users so we have a commercial source of income to sustain the site.

- BW members had a March Gathering at the PLUS bar. We celebrated our 3rd anniversary at Aloha Chalet on 18 July 2008.

- We appointed a new sub mod Baloo for the BW Food Forum

- On the charity front, We added community service ads for AFA HIV testing. We also had a charity campaign to sell our banner ads for Charity. So far Shogun and Sports Man Asia signed up contributing $700 in total to AFA in the name of BW forum.

- In late October, we reorganised the forum slightly to be more streamlined for readers.

- Readership of BW has grown from strength to strength. I believe this could be explained by the forum streamlining, economic crisis and year end leave clearing. The increased traffic happened shortly after our streamlining at the end of October which could partly explained that the streamlining had worked well. Also working people generally clear leave in Nov/Dec. However the economic crisis make more people stayed at home and online instead of going on holidays/shopping when they were clearing leave at the end of the year.

:thumb: When I Think It, I Do It, I Win It! :thumb:

• Guest locked this topic