Male HQ

Admin: Blowing Wind Glitch 16 Apr 09

HendryTan

1. For the guys who visited BW today and saw a pxxno site with ladies. We apologise for the "shock".

2. There was a process glitch at our web hosting site. Our "domain name" (DNS) blowingwind.org expired despite we have paid. In the mean time it seems that some pxxn site attempted grabbing the blowingwind.org domain name.

We filed an emergency request to the web hosting site and they have rectified it.

3. It may take about half to one day for this change to trickle down to your PC. To expedite the effect on your PC, you need to flush the old definition of the "domain name" (DNS) as it is cached internally by Windows and the browser. Do the following to flush the DNS cache.

In Windows:

i. Click "Start" Button

ii. Select "Run...", type cmd

iii. At the command prompt type ipconfig /flushdns

iv. Close the window opened in step iii

4. Restart the browser and try access http://www.blowingwind.org again.

5. If the above step 3-4 are too complicated, do nothing and wait for half to one day, the DNS cache in your PC will be automatically updated by your ISP and you will get BW back.

Cheers !

Hendry Tan

Administrator cum Moderator

1. I received feedback from Gachi and OralB that some people are still not able to access BW despite flushing their DNS cache.

2. We may need to wait for the DNS changes described in my first post to be propagated to your local ISP's DNS server and proxy server.

3. In the mean time you can do the following (Technical - so be careful)

a. Look for the following file in your PC c:\<win-dir>\system32\drivers\etc\hosts. .

eg c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts. <--- Note NO extension

b. Make a copy of the file for BACKUP !!!

c. Use notepad (not other editors) to open the original file hosts. .

d. Add the following new line to the end of the file.

69.16.242.199 www.blowingwind.org

e. Save the file.

f. Please re-check that the file should be hosts. and NOT hosts.txt .

If so rename it to hosts. .

g. Go to the browser and retry access to BW.

h. If things screwup in your PC, copy the backup file in step (b) back.

i. After several days when the network DNS are stable, revert back to the original file by deleting the new line or copying back the backup file (b) over the edited file.

Dear Moderator,

Yeah, I kept getting into that pxxn site and later, cannot even login.

But dunno whats wrong and whats happening.

Is there any point of contact we can enquire if such problem occur again in future?

Otherwise, we will be left in the dark, no knowing whats happening until service resume.

Guest Mr blusher

I really felt off my chair when I saw the pxxno page and kind of blushed. So inconsiderate. They should have at least put up a gay pxxn page instead. :swear:

tks cockbrand.

there's a few way i can think of

- BW irc, chances are you can get some info from the chatters

- emails contacts

- MSN

We are also thinking of some other alternatives plan. will inform later

:thumb: When I Think It, I Do It, I Win It! :thumb:

In light of the recent events, we would like to announce the following communication channels.

Do note that they served as notice board and emergency info release, and they will not be update frequently.

Official Channels: please bookmark these pages for future references in the event if our site is down

- http://twitter.com/blowingwind2

- http://blowingwind2008.blogspot.com/

Unofficial Channels:

- #blowingwind chatroom in Galaxynet IRC

- Emails/ other personal contacts

- Blogs

- MSN

- you can help us also, in the event of similiar cases, if you have credibile info from us, please help to spread among your friends

:thumb: When I Think It, I Do It, I Win It! :thumb:

Guest Guest
many thanks to all moderators looking into the matter!

it's situations like these that make me realise how addicted to blowingwind forum i am, haha.

Ah yes and a timely reminder that some people have kindly paid so that us others can have the pleasure/past time of airing our thoughts and reading other peoples thoughts/opinions. To those who have and are kindly paying, thank you very much. Also thanks to all others who have done their bits and pieces to get the page running again.

Guest guest
I really felt off my chair when I saw the pxxno page and kind of blushed. So inconsiderate. They should have at least put up a gay pxxn page instead. :swear:

Why not just create a blowingwind email account for all.

Any queries can send there, rather than contact here, there, irc, etc etc.

Hi Moderators,

Thanks for your prompt action.

Really appreciate you guys taking the effort to rectify the situation. :thumb:

Blowing Wind has been a daily must visit site and update for me,

thus I was horrified when I kept getting into that "Girlie pxxn Site".

Whew....

Kudos to all your hard work my friends.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Cheers.

• Guest locked this topic