Male HQ

Natas - Korea Package

Guest traveller

Guest traveller

NATAS just started ...

Anybody going to Korea?

Just booked Asia-Euro Package departure Oct 22 quite cheap.

Incase other booked same so we are in same boat at nite after activities we can sneak out to Korean Sauna together

It will be more surprising if all of the tour takers are PLU cant imagine how cool it will be

Guest soyabean

NATAS just started ...

Just booked Asia-Euro Package departure Oct 22 quite cheap.

Mind to share how many days and how much you paid for the package? I just came back from Korea 2 weeks ago but I was doing backpacking. Made few korean and japanese (as it was their summer holidays when I was there) friends and can't wait to go again.

Guest Traveller

Korea 2 weeks ago but I was doing backpacking. Made few korean and japanese (as it was their summer holidays when I was there) friends and can't wait to go again.

Attached the complet itinerary and pricing i got

But as i dont like the idea direct flight i DIY i took land package of this itinerary cost me single traveller sgd 558 i though cheap enough as i search net backpacker dorm won 18,000 and ondol single room already won 40,000 more or less if ondol room cost sgd 50 per nite 4 nite sgd 200

This itinerary included 5 stars hotel some lunch and dinner, transport to mount sorak for maple tree and hot spring and everland

so i think worthed and cheap

Unless soyabean u can advice cheaper?

I DIY flight by cathay and extend 2 nite seoul and returned stay in hkg 2 nites before back sg (airline different charge)

I anyone interested and have couple can get even cheaper

So soyabean u visited korea jimjilbang? any name card in korean that can show us? need to print

Guest Traveller

At last managed to insert the pic

Hard time

So soyabean u got tips and direction directory for places u visited? mind share?

I am in mid to try to compose and scan direction for the places in Darwin/Sydney/Goldcoast/Brisbane which i visited last August

but as no time yet so not ready yet

only managed to have this pic taken in the Darwin nude pic to be posted

any things u find hidden treasurer during ur korea trip? share pliz

SDarwinXX.jpg

Guest soyabean

I went for 10days alone in Korea and spent in total about SGD2k in which half of it went to my direct flight by Korean Air. So roughly I spent 1k for lodging, food (ate a lot), transportation and entrance fees to those place which I wanted to go.

I made some friends during my guesthouse stay so the other backpackers and I exchange tips and that really save my time and $..

I went to 3 different city (Seoul, Gyeongju and Sokcho)

From Seoul I took a 5 hour train (Korail) to Gyeongju and spent 2 nights there. Train cost about 40,000 won. Then I went back to Seoul as I have one other backpacker wanted to go Sokcho with me. Then we took a 3 hour bus from Seoul to Sokcho and visit mount sorak and stay 2 nights there. Busfare is about 18,000won frm Seoul to Sokcho. In Seoul I did try the traditional korean hanok stay for 2 nights. I cost 35,000won a night.

If you want to save more, you can just overnight at their jimjilbang in which I did when I'm in Sokcho.

Also, as a theater go-er, I watched the 3 so called famous theater performance when I'm in Seoul which is Nanta, Breakout and Jump. Each performance show cost about 45,000 won. I recommend Nanta if you like to watch theater performance.

Oh, you can have a free goodwill guide from the locals. This will definitely save your time. You can go http://english.visitkorea.or.kr/enu/GK/GK_EN_2_7_3_1.jsp and try to apply. But I guess you are following the land tours so no need to have one. :) I will write more for the places I been on all the 3 cities later..

Guest Traveller

alooo SoyBean ...

wow u managed to find out place to stay in Sokcho?

I spent time with no avail to get any online info to book Sokcho accomodation most stated love motel

The only backpacker hostel in Mount Seorak YHA cost lots and no idea where it located

That is reason why i picked to sign organized tour when got it in NATAS they have mount sorak(though I dont like the idea of packed timing - Anyway still have to wait whether enough min 10 people to go on Oct 22)

If not enough people so i really need your advice on Sokcho, any email i can contact?

Hey seems we both like travelling, may be we can meet and if chemistry click to be fren. May be we can arrange both back packing. My next year target China - Tibet - the highest point train and end up in Shanghai Expo (I bet China eastern always fly cheap from sg - i did it last Feb before i took local cheap flight to Beijing n Xian)

This time i got Cathay stop over HKG on returned sgd 550 (quite a nice deal)

So u stay normal Jimjilbang? what about our bag? they have big enough locker to store it?

Not try any PLU jimjilbang? u got the goodwill guide? as i noted hard if not speak Korean travelling there

Need more tips.

Thx

Guest soyabean

alooo SoyBean ...

wow u managed to find out place to stay in Sokcho?... Anyway still have to wait whether enough min 10 people to go on Oct 22)

If not enough people so i really need your advice on Sokcho, any email i can contact?

Hey seems we both like travelling, may be we can meet and if chemistry click to be fren. May be we can arrange both back packing. My next year target China - Tibet - the highest point train and end up in Shanghai Expo (I bet China eastern always fly cheap from sg - i did it last Feb before i took local cheap flight to Beijing n Xian)

Hi..

In the first place, I couldn't find any place in Sokcho. Even the Youth Hostel is fully booked till October. So I just gamble and go ahead anyway. I took the 12am bus from Seoul to Sokcho and reach at about 3am. This way, I save one night of accomodation. Then reached there I went to any 24hr eatery to have super early breakfast..haha.. so I start travel to mount sorak.. after that then start looking for motel/hostel but couldn't get one as it's a summer holidays and every place is fully booked.. So I walk around sokcho till bout close to midnight and then took a cab ask the taxi to bring me to any jimjilbang..

Anyway, you can email me soya.bean77@yahoo.com.sg and we can talk more!.. I will be doing backpacking to Laos this coming november for 14days..

Cheers..

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.