Male HQ

Tricked / Con / Enchanted By Yogi Man (compiled)

Guest Guest F

Guest Guest F

Last Friday, I was walking along Beach Road and someone called me from the back.

I stopped walking and turned around and saw this Indian man. I thought he was a foreigner and needed some direction. He said he is Yogi Man.

He said to me that I am an intelligent man, but luck was not with me for the past 3 years. He then said that I will have good luck this year.

I suspected straight away he must be some kind of astrologer, so I asked him what are his charges before going on further as I would not be interested and would not want to waste his time.

He then replied me in a quite angry manner and said that I should not interrupt him and let him continue talking first. He then passed me a piece of crumbled paper and asked me not to open it. He then ask me what was my favourite flower and to also name one colour. I just replied Chrysanthemum and blue, and next he asked me to open the piece of paper and on it, was written "chrysanthemum" and "blue".

He then open his pocket diary and scribbled 3 lines on it: low man - $50; middle man - $100; top man - $150. He said to me in a commanding manner that I am a "middle man", so "please - put $100 into it".

Immediately, I realised it must be con man. At that moment, I was afraid he might do something to harm me, as there were not many passers by around (it was good Friday) and I was afraid he might hurt me. So I reluctantly put $50 into it.

He then said I have 2 girls who are secretly admiring me. On hearing this, I immediately knew he must be con man, as I have never been interested in any girls. I told him off it was not true, then he argued back to say he only said the girls are interested in me but not that I am interested in the girls.

He then pass me another piece of crumbled paper and ask me to name an animal and a number. I said "tiger" and "4", and when he open up the paper, it was "tiger" and "5".

He open up his pocket diary again and demanded another $50 from me - he said to me: "Now, you have to make it $100".

After placing the $50 in his diary, I quickly ran off to the more crowded area near Bugis junction.

and after this, I tell myself why have I been so stupid to give him $100?

""

Guest jazzy

yes, i was approached by a similar Indian man (must be the same one) outside Millenia Walk and he tried the same con job on me. I didn't give him any money and he walked away angry and was saying things like I will continue to have bad luck, etc. Of course I felt a little fearful as what he said may come true. But then, I pushed the thought away and went about on my business. I feel that if they're really willing to help you, they will not be "extorting" money from you. Well, don't feel bad, take it as a lesson learnt.

Guest Guest F

Thanks for all the comments.

I must say when I read reports on such incidents about how old man or women got con, I always ask myself why these people are so gullible.

Not until when it happened to me.

Somehow when he was talking to me, I felt intimidated and just have to part with the money.

Anyway, it's really a lesson learnt - must not talk unnecessarily to strangers.

Guest whatever

These con men seem to be at raffles place mrt area as well. I have been approached a few times but i just ignored them. Thats the best solution. Don't engage in any conversation.

Guest Mugger

I would beat the hell out of him then report police say he threaten and tried to cheat my money.

Those kind of magic trick can learn anywhere leh... go see all those david blain or chris angel... they deserve more money?

Guest Me too!

I was conned by the same Indian too. He was well dressed, showed me his yoga and altar pics in his diary. I started to freak out, afraid it's some black magic. He told me he's from Kashmir and started to read my "fortune". He asked me for my favourite colour and number and then he passed me a piece of crumpled paper. They were all correct. This took place at a deserted spot at esplanade/raffles place and I'm a lady (dont ask me what i'm doing here) I was closed to tears at this point. Just then, a Chinese guy happen to walk past and i commented loud enough for the Chinese guy to hear "what do you want from me? Dont cheat my money!". The Chinese guy hang around to make sure i'm alright. Sure enough, the indian guy asked me for money and to quote him - to give happily. I gave him $2. and he went only $2?!?! LOL!

To TS, if you know he's a con, why did u still drop him an extra $50?

2 weeks later, i saw him at Raffles Place with the same accomplice.

Guest Kate middleton

Last Friday, I was walking along Beach Road and someone called me from the back.

I stopped walking and turned around and saw this Indian man. I thought he was a foreigner and needed some direction. He said he is Yogi Man.

He said to me that I am an intelligent man, but luck was not with me for the past 3 years. He then said that I will have good luck this year.

I suspected straight away he must be some kind of astrologer, so I asked him what are his charges before going on further as I would not be interested and would not want to waste his time.

He then replied me in a quite angry manner and said that I should not interrupt him and let him continue talking first. He then passed me a piece of crumbled paper and asked me not to open it. He then ask me what was my favourite flower and to also name one colour. I just replied Chrysanthemum and blue, and next he asked me to open the piece of paper and on it, was written "chrysanthemum" and "blue".

He then open his pocket diary and scribbled 3 lines on it: low man - $50; middle man - $100; top man - $150. He said to me in a commanding manner that I am a "middle man", so "please - put $100 into it".

Immediately, I realised it must be con man. At that moment, I was afraid he might do something to harm me, as there were not many passers by around (it was good Friday) and I was afraid he might hurt me. So I reluctantly put $50 into it.

He then said I have 2 girls who are secretly admiring me. On hearing this, I immediately knew he must be con man, as I have never been interested in any girls. I told him off it was not true, then he argued back to say he only said the girls are interested in me but not that I am interested in the girls.

He then pass me another piece of crumbled paper and ask me to name an animal and a number. I said "tiger" and "4", and when he open up the paper, it was "tiger" and "5".

He open up his pocket diary again and demanded another $50 from me - he said to me: "Now, you have to make it $100".

After placing the $50 in his diary, I quickly ran off to the more crowded area near Bugis junction.

""

Tou should count your lucky stars , that he wanted money only and not your arsehole.

Some people got conned and tricked and drugged waking up somewhere they don't know, in the middle of no where , but finding that their asshole has been violated and raw, rough sex had happened and strangers sperm is deposited in their hole.

Guys have been drugged with date rape drug Rohypnol in Singapore, believe me.

Take out your mobile pgones and use the record video function and see how this little coward from India crawl back into his mother's black hole of calcutta

""

if u wanna know why u so stupid as to give him $100, u have to put $100 into my diary......."

Guest j.pokkemon

:lol: yogi man detected!! nap keagan.. dump him back to india!! den make him a jain monk so he has completely no possession and live out his life NAKED :lol::lol::lol:

if u wanna know why u so stupid as to give him $100, u have to put $100 into my diary......."

Edited by j.pokkemon

One thing really bothers me, how did they know exactly what numbers and flowers u think in the piece of paper? Is there any scientific or psychology explanation on this?

Volunteering for the underwear association for third world countries. Please donate your used underwear to me.

Guest YOGI bear

Very easy explanation

1) Shi kong Zhuang Yi

Time Displacement

Instead of the answer being written BEFORE he knew the answer...

It was written AFTER you said the answer

He passes u a DECOY piece of paper with nothing written on it.

After he heard the answer, he could have scribbled in his lil yogi hands (while terrorising u) and crumpled the 2nd piece of paper for you to open

Sleight of hand as he takes over the crumpled paper..

VOILA! Seems as if he KNEW the answer before you did.

2) Mind Reading

Some yogi might indeed be able to read minds.

But mostly they can read asses lah

• 2 weeks later...

You're not Stupid or dumb or whatever.

The man has exploited your weaknesses, with his sleight of hands and other tricks similiar to magic performers.

Just have to review, what are your weaknesses and learn from your mistakes.

Anyone can be easily tricked once their weaknesses are been exploited by another more skilled and probably intelligent person.

• 7 months later...

I was attacked by a similar guy before new year, near to city hall mrt. After telling my favorite flower and number, he opened the wallet asked me to put in money. I was so stupid to trust him...

Hahaha i just had this experience in HK (i live in HK for past 2 years). I was leaving office yesterday and on the escalator down this indian man came up to me and started telling me about how lucky i will be next year. Told me 2 girls will like me and one is good for me and one is bad. I didn't tell him i don't like girls but was just walking and he continue to follow me. Then he stop me and also gave me a crumbled paper and told me to think of a number below 5 and a color. Not many choices for number and i said 3. For color i said Green. Then he say green no good for me and ask me to choose another color. So i say blue then he ask me to open the crumbled paper and it was 3 and blue. But i wanted to laugh. Next he open his wallet (the zip open kind of folder like) and ask me to give him money. i put the crumbled paper inside and said no thanks and walked away.

As it was a public and quite a posh office building ground floor, i didn't think he would make a scene. Am surprised to read the same technic used in Singapore as well.

my geek gay blog at www.formanz.com

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tan hock gin

This is fascinating. I thought I was the only one who saw this yogi.

Met him at Millenia Walk in the underpath. He stopped me and introduce himself as a yogi. I knew immediately what this was all about.

I am interested in their gifts so I went along with his sales pitch. I tried my best to be mindful of tricks but still wanted to know if it really is possible to mind read.

I have to say that I was amazed. Like all, he guessed my thoughts correctly.

I gave him $50 and went on my way.

This is fascinating. I thought I was the only one who saw this yogi. Met him at Millenia Walk in the underpath. He stopped me and introduce himself as a yogi. I knew immediately what this was all about. I am interested in their gifts so I went along with his sales pitch. I tried my best to be mindful of tricks but still wanted to know if it really is possible to mind read. I have to say that I was amazed. Like all, he guessed my thoughts correctly. I gave him $50 and went on my way.

So gracious!

Instagram: vodkabaker

Guest Holycrap

I met him at suntec near the Feng shui corner. Claims to be a holy man from punjab india. He also claims to hv his on temple said the money i gave is for feeding a group of hungry children. Ask me to buy 10 items (or $1060) for him to pray for 40 days. Of cos I told him I hv no money n m indebt.

He claims to travel around sg hong kong n thailand. This round he is here for 40days.

When he couldn't convince me to give him 'prayer money' he gave me a lucky stone (silky stone) in return asked me for a gift so he can remember me by lol. He actually asked me to big him a pair of sunglasses worth ($200!) holy crap! Told him I hv no money n waiting for my paycheck. So asked him for his Hp no so I can contact him when I get my pay to buy him a pair of shoes in mustafa instead. Before we part he asked me for my iPhone instead lol. Told him if I really struck big time I will call him to donate to his temple.

His name is Rajan yogi hp: 8260 9471. Contact in India is 0091-9888751619. Not sure about the india number but sg number is the one he is using today.

• 2 months later...

This man con-man approached me in from of Tanjung Pagar MRT last Thursday, with the same flower-number rubbish. Kept pestering me. He is not a mind-reader, do not be fooled. Just a magician who slips paper in and out of your hands. Someone please call the police. He should be arrested. A thief, nothing by a cheap filthy thief.

Met the same indian guy some times ago when passed by raffles hotel. He played the same trick on me and when he asked for money, I reckon he's a con man and refuse to give him any, he walked away. But I was pondering how can he read my mind, it's amazing.

haha - guess the same yogi approached me some months back too while i was alone drinking tea at a coffee shop in chinatown. the same tricks and i played along with him. when he asked for money i told him i had only enough for my taxi fare home but could give him a blow job instead. he stood up and starting ranting at me in some foreign language and made off. it was quite a spectacle.

Suck my tits and I'll lick your balls.

Lick my arse and I'll suck your cock.

All in sex is fair.

The only bad thing about sex is that it doesn't last long enough.

Read my blog - www.anasianjourney.blogspot.com

Well, well, guess I met the same chap too some time back.... lol

He walked in to our office during lunchtime, and was asking if anyone wanted to know some astrology details... and the funny thing was that I was reading an article on the topic.

So I invited him to the conference room for a chat. I was rather blown away by what he said, that he could read my mind. So asked him to tell me something.... and indeed he could !!

I was quite shocked by his accuracy of details, then he told me of my present girlfriend (I was not gayish back then), and said that I was still in love with my previous one... which at that time was quite true, then he wrote in a piece of paper something and squashed it into a ball and asked me to place it in the palm of my hand. Then he mentioned some real hidden stuff that I never told anyone.... I nearly fell off the chair in fright.... Then comes the best part, the pit of paper in my hand, te told me a whole lot of stuff and then asked me to open the paper.... he had written the name of someone I loved a lot but never told anyone.... it just blew my mind.... I mean, no one could have known that detail.... let alone a total stranger who walked into my office.

He asked me for a donation of $350. I just gave him $200 as I did not have that much in my wallet, and thereafter, he said he would let me know my lucky number, and wrote it down on some yellow hoy paper. Then he told me he'll come back in one years time to collect the balance donation from my winning number.

He said to buy 50 big and 50 small. I did on Sat but it did not win, so for Sun I just bought $2 big and small.... and guess what, the blooming number won the 1st prize!!

And, exactly one year later, the yogi appeared at my office.... I was shocked as I had forgotten him, so I ducked into the pantry and hid, he then left.

This yogi wore a grey outfit and looks quite chubby, and has very piercing grey eyes.... I guess mind reading is just too freaky for me to endure.

He guessed my thought accurately too, I experienced it myself and was stunned. This happened one or two years ago, if my memory did not fail me ... he is a bit chubby and average height.

Since he has this ability to help one strike lottery, shouldn't he buy the numbers and make himself rich, why go around to play such trick and asked for donation.

i met a Yogi man when I was in my early 20s passed me a bead and tried to con me to take $ out of the cash register - i didn't. But i did gave him $20 instead. thinking back, I think he is so gonna get bad karma for cheating.

Dunt be afraid. No matter what he said or way he knows, it doesn't change the fact that he is committing a crime and is a cheat. Just walk away.

i met a Yogi man when I was in my early 20s passed me a bead and tried to con me to take $ out of the cash register - i didn't. But i did gave him $20 instead. thinking back, I think he is so gonna get bad karma for cheating.

Dunt be afraid. No matter what he said or way he knows, it doesn't change the fact that he is committing a crime and is a cheat. Just walk away.

Wise advice! :clap:

After reading this...i turn away a young girl claiming to raise $$ for the low income families??

WTF...door to door liao?

Saw some kind of posters but did not bother.

Years ago there was this bayee...looks radiant etc...started approaching me...you have this nice aura

Smothering me with all the good stuffs telling me my face radiates good energy blah blah will be blessed balh blah

I said thanks...salute/.waved smiled and walked away. :whistle:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Sam

Well, well, guess I met the same chap too some time back.... lol

He walked in to our office during lunchtime, and was asking if anyone wanted to know some astrology details... and the funny thing was that I was reading an article on the topic.

So I invited him to the conference room for a chat. I was rather blown away by what he said, that he could read my mind. So asked him to tell me something.... and indeed he could !!

I was quite shocked by his accuracy of details, then he told me of my present girlfriend (I was not gayish back then), and said that I was still in love with my previous one... which at that time was quite true, then he wrote in a piece of paper something and squashed it into a ball and asked me to place it in the palm of my hand. Then he mentioned some real hidden stuff that I never told anyone.... I nearly fell off the chair in fright.... Then comes the best part, the pit of paper in my hand, te told me a whole lot of stuff and then asked me to open the paper.... he had written the name of someone I loved a lot but never told anyone.... it just blew my mind.... I mean, no one could have known that detail.... let alone a total stranger who walked into my office.

He asked me for a donation of $350. I just gave him $200 as I did not have that much in my wallet, and thereafter, he said he would let me know my lucky number, and wrote it down on some yellow hoy paper. Then he told me he'll come back in one years time to collect the balance donation from my winning number.

He said to buy 50 big and 50 small. I did on Sat but it did not win, so for Sun I just bought $2 big and small.... and guess what, the blooming number won the 1st prize!!

And, exactly one year later, the yogi appeared at my office.... I was shocked as I had forgotten him, so I ducked into the pantry and hid, he then left.

This yogi wore a grey outfit and looks quite chubby, and has very piercing grey eyes.... I guess mind reading is just too freaky for me to endure.

I am same as your situation,Im shocked,he write down piece of paper before I was saying anything and crumbled the paper and place at my palm,and he asked "Whats your favourite color",and I said "Black" ,and he asked my mother's name ,and guess what ,i opened the crumbled paper and look,HOLY FxxK,he knows what everything what i write,and the paper he given to me was full of weird words,and some altar star(like israel flag star symbol) and some word YOGIMAN ,and i say WTF is this...i fill in everything that paper ,and he asked me to tear it to pieces and hold in my hand ,and he answered my age,my birthdate,my best friends name ,etc ...This is Holy weird...Are they link with this kind of stuff??>>

http://www.iptmiami....f the Yogi Man/

Guest Ted

Last week I was at ion Basement 3 and walk pass an Indian guy asking a Chn man to blow into his hands n instantly knew that this Indian man is cheating money.. So I stood a few meters away n observe n after a min the Chn man put some money into the Indian guy wallet .. I took a pic but not sure if I can post it here

Last week I was at ion Basement 3 and walk pass an Indian guy asking a Chn man to blow into his hands n instantly knew that this Indian man is cheating money.. So I stood a few meters away n observe n after a min the Chn man put some money into the Indian guy wallet .. I took a pic but not sure if I can post it here

Just post it so we can recognize the guy ;)

• 4 weeks later...

i think he was a man of god....who wants to tell me abt my future, bad lucks and gud luck.....it same hpnd with me....but the facts he told me that day..i was in HK dat days..i m feeling so lucky ....i m very happy in my life now...he was reading my mind......everything he told me was true.he asked me for no money but i gave him100$ ....i m very thankful to that man.....i hope he will come again....but some are saying that he is con man .....whatever,i can't forget him in my life.....

• 6 months later...

I just encountered this similar "yogi man" here on L.A. He did the same number thing. He actually gave me some good advice.

I didn't give him any money when he asked though - I wasn't sure if I was being conned.

• 1 month later...

The Yogi asks you to pick a colour from the rainbow but don't pick red. I said Yellow, he said pick another colour, I said green he said pick another colour and I said Blue. He then wrote the colours down in order - yellow, green and blue. He then wrote a P next to Yellow and Green saying they represented the past and wrote an F next to blue which represented the future. He said if the paper in my hand said blue I would have luck in the future, sure enough I opened the paper and it said blue. 

I was on the way to the ATM to give him money when I figured out that there are only seven colours in the rainbow, take red out of the equation and it wont be long until you say blue. Ha! clever little yogi!! I got $20 out at the ATM, bought some Cadbury cream eggs and walked a good three blocks AWAY from Mr Yogi and sat down on a bench and ate them.

He does have a very trust worthy face, I do wish him well but preying on people who are vulnerable and don't really have that much money to begin with is kind of dishonest and isn't very cool.

I met one in UK while walking towards library in campus. It was Sunday, so there weren't many people around. I kept chuckling while he were trying to read my mind. Some were correct; some were not especially about the love part. I guess they couldn't tell if one is homosexual, could they? It was quite a show though how he could "guess" the color and the number. I gave him 4 pounds. He wanted more and then started threatening with such a face telling you that you'd get back luck etc. I told him I was late and ran off. And for some reason he wanted me to remember his name, Yogi, which was written on his necklace.

Do the things at which you are great, not what you were never made for.”

• 2 weeks later...

I was the same here in Switzerland ... I felt like hypnosis ... not more.. he dig in my unconsciousness ... it was really weird, and i felt like after smoking a big joint ... like after drugs... search the web for "scopolamine" .. it is possible that he used exactly this stuff

Yesterday, was approached by Indian foreigner while jogging along Marina Bay. Same con: ""Your forehead says you are lucky man!" ...I jogged on and ignored him. Didn't have phone w me or else would take pic and send to police! :angry:

Guest revealme

""

I got conned too. i believed it was the same man. it was right outside Bugis OG. Initially he asked me to put 50$ in his diary but i told him im broke, left with 20$ (which i had more w me actually) in my pocket. So i gave so i put him 10$ in the diary and the second time he asked for more $$$ i gave 2$. i suspected it was a conned but i still complied to him. before he left, he saidi can get back the $ back if i want to but i didnt cos in my mind.   

• G_M changed the title to Tricked / Con / Enchanted By Yogi Man (compiled)
  • Guest locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.