Male HQ

Love At First Sight

Guest seeker

every morning i see this same guy on the train while otw to work. sounds cliche but its really like love at first sight. always look forward to taking this train. trying to master the courage to start a conversation..

every time i think abt him..i get butterflies in my stomach..does this happen to anyone here?

potential 'love at 1st sight' guys spotted. u guys spoted that cute guy name CHEOW BOON SENG on todays straits time life pg 6? he is indeed cute and handsome, if i am not in a relation, sure love at 1st sight!

Your gaydar is so so calibrated. congrats !

• 8 months later...

Well, I'll start off like this, I just made an account here, just to post this question. I've been reading topics on this forum for awhile now but never had an account.

There's these few questions that have been bothering me for the past 3 weeks.

I'm not kind of "open" as in still "closeted" gay from the terms I've understood from here (or have I not?)

1. I'm not sure if I'm gay or bi, I do fantasize myself X-ing guys - as well as girls, though most of the time I think of guys and most of the time I watch gay p more often then straight. I'm kind of thinking I'm gay, but I do think of girls sometimes :/

2. This is the main question that has been bothering me for 3 weeks already ._.

Do you believe in love at first sight? And am I just having a crush or really in love?

Well, I'm kind of bad at expressing/starting things so pardon my... wishy-washyness or whatever you call that.

I attended a school event 3 weeks ago and I noticed this guy from my school as well - I do not know his name, and he seem really quiet. Looks wise, he's slightly above average I would say, but not the very attractive kind of men and body wise just, skinny-lean kind of person.

I've been thinking about this person (I don't even know what course he's from as well as his name) for the past 3 weeks and I'm not sure if he feels the same way or something, but it feels as though he has been looking at me for no reason continuously (I'm doing the same) - I'm also not sure if I'm deceiving myself by hoping or whatever (as in thinking that he's looking at me when he's actually not).

I've also notice that he has a feature on his face that almost all my past crush has the same feature - that's why I'm not sure if I'm in love or just plain crush that will fade over time, but so far 3 weeks is the longest and it's kind of... tormenting.

Can you guys (from your point of view) tell me if this is love/crush and what to look out for whatsoever - I've never been in a relationship with anyone if that matters.

(Pardon me if I sound weird here or something, I'm just no good at expressing myself)

Edited by LoveAtFirstSight

For question 1, don't put a label on yourself if you are uncomfortable or still unsure. Labels are for clothes. Be whoever you are, just touch anyone you like. (Ok just kidding, but you get what I mean)

If you like that person, first of all, is that person even gay or bi? Also, some time when a person have a crush, their mind will make it seems like their person of affection is also attract to them. Just be clear with yourself.

Edited by merlinkun

https://merlinsfolio.wordpress.com/

https://medium.com/@merlincheng
"On the Internet, no one knows you are a cat."

Guest huhu

Hmm.. such a conincidence. I also had crush which i saw at an event from my school as well. He also looked at me a lot. Haha, wonder how great it would be if he is my bf. He is like super hot. Hehe

Thanks for all your inputs. I'm not exactly sexually attracted to him... I just think of him all the time, like what is he doing, did he notice me at all that day and I have never imagined myself having sex with him or whatever... I just can't get him out of my mind and I think he's probably straight :/

Guest huhu

Well, I'll start off like this, I just made an account here, just to post this question. I've been reading topics on this forum for awhile now but never had an account.

I'm not kind of "open" as in still "closeted" gay from the terms I've understood from here (or have I not?)

1. I'm not sure if I'm gay or bi, I do fantasize myself X-ing guys - as well as girls, though most of the time I think of guys and most of the time I watch gay p more often then straight. I'm kind of thinking I'm gay, but I do think of girls sometimes :/

Do you believe in love at first sight? And am I just having a crush or really in love?

Well, I'm kind of bad at expressing/starting things so pardon my... wishy-washyness or whatever you call that.

I attended a school event 3 weeks ago and I noticed this guy from my school as well - I do not know his name, and he seem really quiet. Looks wise, he's slightly above average I would say, but not the very attractive kind of men and body wise just, skinny-lean kind of person.

I've been thinking about this person (I don't even know what course he's from as well as his name) for the past 3 weeks and I'm not sure if he feels the same way or something, but it feels as though he has been looking at me for no reason continuously (I'm doing the same) - I'm also not sure if I'm deceiving myself by hoping or whatever (as in thinking that he's looking at me when he's actually not).

I've also notice that he has a feature on his face that almost all my past crush has the same feature - that's why I'm not sure if I'm in love or just plain crush that will fade over time, but so far 3 weeks is the longest and it's kind of... tormenting.

Can you guys (from your point of view) tell me if this is love/crush and what to look out for whatsoever - I've never been in a relationship with anyone if that matters.

(Pardon me if I sound weird here or something, I'm just no good at expressing myself)

Haha i also think the guy crush that i have is straight :( imagine the person we r talking about is actually each other. LOL, greatest joke ever ~

Guest huhu

Haha i also think the guy crush that i have is straight :( imagine the person we r talking about is actually each other. LOL, greatest joke ever ~

That will be hilarious but not likely, I'm considered un-attractive with ugly buck teeth, very skinny and pale-coloured skin. I'm most likely not the one being "crushed" and I stated that that school event is 3 weeks ago, so unless your school event is also 3 weeks ago otherwise the chance would be 0. I'm still thankful with everyone's input anyway ;)

I think 'love at first sight' is more figurative than actual.

Love is a complex feeling that factors in many things, and it's naive to believe that we can fall in love at first sight. What I think is possible is to have attraction (on an infatuation/crush level) on first sight, and consequently develop this feeling of attraction into love.

I know because I had a similar experience with my current boyfriend.

There was an instant attraction when our eyes first met, but that alone wouldn't guarantee to last. But it certainly got me intrigued to find out more about him, and when we began to share stories about each other, there was a chemistry in the way we converse. And importantly, he did impress me on so many other levels (e.g. personality, life aspirations, romanticism, humour), which helped to clear whatsoever doubts that I could possibly have (I've had a few dates in the past which feels right on my heart, but my brain keeps telling me NO. These doubts lingered in mind and are hard to ignore. Clearly, nothing ever happened from those puppy attractions.)

We went for a brief dating period, and everything felt right... so we got together. We didn't officially become partners right away, but both of us agree that the chemistry did begin from the very beginning, and prefer to celebrate 'the first day we met' as 'the first day we officially became partner', haha. It's not the first-sight fairytale we're talking about on this thread, but this is about as close as I have ever gotten... and I swear it's probably just as sweet. ^^

“Do not take life too seriously. You’ll never get out of it alive.” — Elbert Hubbard

Guest Guest

I know because I had a similar experience with my current boyhere was an instant attraction when our eyes first met, but that alone wouldn't guarantee to last. But it certainly got me intrigued to find out more about him, and when we began to share stories about each other, there was a chemistry in the way we converse. And importantly, he did impress me on so many other levels (e.g. personality, life aspirations, romanticism, humour), which helped to clear whatsoever doubts that I could possibly have (I've had a few dates in the past which feels right on my heart, but my brain keeps telling me NO. These doubts lingered in mind and are hard to ignore. Clearly, nothing ever happened from those puppy attractions.)

We went for a brief dating period, and everything felt right... so we got together. We didn't officially become partners right away, but both of us agree that the chemistry did begin from the very beginning, and prefer to celebrate 'the first day we met' as 'the first day we officially became partner', haha. It's not the first-sight fairytale we're talking about on this thread, but this is about as close as I have ever gotten... and I swear it's probably just as sweet. ^^

Haha nice....so how long have u guys been together?

Just rmb that a relationship will never be completely smooth sailing and requires Lots Of Voluntary Effort.

Haha nice....so how long have u guys been together?

Just rmb that a relationship will never be completely smooth sailing and requires Lots Of Voluntary Effort.

Still young. Three months and counting... =)

“Do not take life too seriously. You’ll never get out of it alive.” — Elbert Hubbard

• Guest locked this topic