Male HQ

Challenges Faced By Single Man During In-Camp Training

juventures

Over time as one goes towards the end of in-camp-training, more soldiers would then settle down and have kids. Then the singles will be the minority. The married guys would be curious and ask so many questions and speculate why you are single etc. Some might even go to the extend of labelling of you as a gay outright.

How do you handle this situation? It's not a fair situation especially in some units where only the married person can stay out and the unmarried one has to stay-in.

Over time as one goes towards the end of in-camp-training, more soldiers would then settle down and have kids. Then the singles will be the minority. The married guys would be curious and ask so many questions and speculate why you are single etc. Some might even go to the extend of labelling of you as a gay outright.

How do you handle this situation? It's not a fair situation especially in some units where only the married person can stay out and the unmarried one has to stay-in.

Your reservist mates really dont care. Back when I was still doing reservist, I served in division HQ. average age is 30 to 38 years old. Believe me, there are more interesting things to chat about than their wives and kids.

Anyway you are gay. Thats the way it is. Be proud of who you are. Being ashamed to be gay is a real waste of energy.

We see things not as they are, but as WE are - The Talmud

When the student is ready, the teacher will appear - The Buddha

some NSmen very kpoh one...want to know everything about u like ur job, family, ur car etc. i dun see a reason why i need to reveal to them so much.

encountered one before...ask n ask like as if i need to explain to him for every thing i do. now ict i can siam i siam him.

and also its normal there are some to like to boast their job and want to compare.

Guest Guest 2

some NSmen very kpoh one...want to know everything about u like ur job, family, ur car etc. i dun see a reason why i need to reveal to them so much.

encountered one before...ask n ask like as if i need to explain to him for every thing i do. now ict i can siam i siam him.

and also its normal there are some to like to boast their job and want to compare.

Just tell him to fxxk off....

Dear Juventures,

For a moment, I thought your heading meant to mean : "how does one (single, unattached) feels during in camp training. ^_^

I still do have my fair share of camp mates, single or married - we don't care. As a matter of fact, I hear much more complaints about their wives than compliments!

Just need to ans the necessary - yes, I am single and I am happy. I do not see the need to get married. End of conversation.

Remember: You are who you are. Life is too short to be concern how others look at me. There are 2 things on my mind when I attend ICT: First, get whatever is needed to be done during the period; Second - avoid any mistakes in camp. :)

Turn the tables at them, when they ask why you are not married.

Ask them about their married life, their sex life, their bills to pay, are they actually happy that they are married.

Guest Curious

i just admit to them and all stopped asking

You might find some married man have the interest on you after your declaration. You can have fun with them and more interesting in your in-camp training and look forward to attend the training.

Anyone can share their experiences and encounter of their sex fun with their camp mates or officers during the in-camp training.

You might find some married man have the interest on you after your declaration. You can have fun with them and more interesting in your in-camp training and look forward to attend the training.

Anyone can share their experiences and encounter of their sex fun with their camp mates or officers during the in-camp training.

YES, very true. My 1st few yrs, some of them were wary of me bcoz of my single status.

Once i reached the 1/2 way mark, some of the married got 'cheeky' by inviting me to shower with them, touching me unnecssary during exercise, offering to send me home in their big cars, etc. They would compliment me on my looks/phsique(b4 that I failed IPPT & I looked like a slop with no confidence) & started asking me why I was not attach with my present attributes. I just smile & said nothing. I believed they were checking me out b4 they made their move on me.

Those married men & officers were cute & sexy though :) Wrong place, wrong time. Too bad, I dun mix ICT with Sex :)

I think pple are born to be kaypo, whether the guys in ICT or in ur workplace, even girls also kaypo lor. I believe even pple very kaypo and ask u many qns or even personal qns, u can choose not to answer them lor. I dun see a need to ans everything they asked.

Guys in the ICT suspect tht u r gay if u r still single esp if u already quite "old" liao, i think it is common and normal lah. Even one of my ICT friend also suspect me is gay, cos everything when he asked me got gf or not, i always said dun have!

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Spend time counting your blessings,

not airing your complaints.

Guest Aiyoh!!

Who cares, it is not like you were going to live ICT forever. Besides you will be discharged at 40 and people married late. Fortunately, my camp buddy was single and some married guys were having hard time through their married life that they won't bother with your singlehood other than being envious of you. The only watchful person is Ah Beng/Ah Seng type who visited geylang, they will pry your life but merely as a passing remarks or to kill boredoms in a colorless world for 2 weeks. After ICT, all go our own way and they won't care if you are gay or straight..

many of u here encouraged him to not care about others' gossips, but why didnt anyone addresses his worry on unfair treatment?

My ict so fun. Always gather around and listen to some straight fella talk about his marriage life and the things he do with his wife.

He'll talk about the various positions they would assume during sex.

Hell describe every graphic detail about how his wife will react just before she cum.

We would all have a laugh and then adjoined for kopi break.

many of u here encouraged him to not care about others' gossips, but why didnt anyone addresses his worry on unfair treatment?

The truth is, EVERYONE wishes to get out but sadly, SAF will not grant such requests.

Of course, when a married personnel requested for stay out, he will be given priority. Why? Pro govt policy!

However, booking out daily may not be the best option.Imagine your ICT unit is Changi and you stay in Jurong... tiring to drive to and fro leh..

Guest Erotictales

If someone ask me that casually, I would casually reply I prefer to fxxk many than one.

If they press on, I would get serious and say I'm not an easy person to be with.

If they get intrusive, I would imply what business is it of yours?

If they get preachy, I would launch into one entire tirade of the way singles and homosexuals are discriminated and etc and etc and etc and etc and ensure they will not be able to sleep that night.

ask him back whether he wanna get f*cked.

What i realised is that if u look good physically and is still single, u will tend to get that question.

If u are still in the closet, the worst is to get asked by those out of the closet (im referring to those one look and u can tell he's gay type and super kaypo and not ur cup of tea), he might go create rumours and u become the centre of attention. :/

Quite true, if u look good physically and is still single, confirm pple will suspect how come u r still single. But if u r not tht attractive, dun have good physically and is still single, pple might still ask but after sometime they wld not bother with u anymore.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

• 1 year later...
Guest Guest

ICT over that's not all, during annual gatherings after ICT, some will ask also got gf, why not get married etc, I'm an example

No different from entertaining those similar questions from kaypo relatives during CNY on nit getting married

Guest Guest

problem is, if your ict mates are the same throughout, people will get suspicious or kaypo if your reply of 'just broke up, busy or wanna enjoy first etc etc' are the same every year. ;)

say your gf is a stewardess dont wanna give birth so no point getting married.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Guest Guest

do you guys add your ict mates on fb, contact each other outside ict, or only just see each other during ict?

well its very tiring saying lies after lies when some of them are treating us sincerely. ;)

Well, if you don't want to lie to your ICT mates, then just come out to them.  If after telling them you are gay and they can still accept you as their friend, then these people are your real friends that you can keep.

If they start to behave funny or avoid you, then you know they mind who you are.  So isn't it good to see how sincere they really are?

Just use the Brad Pitt-Angelina Jolie excuse that you won't get married until everyone is allowed to.

Or that you don't believe in marriages because it wrecks relationship, then cite examples.

Or better yet - just keep quiet, smile, and switch to another topic. Men are simple. Eventually they tire of you evading their questions and won't bother anymore. Plus I think the ICT trainings will keep them preoccupied.

now on the 3rd or 4th. They will asked abt jobs, salaries, family, why still single...??

Normally, i will look into their eyes, face look serious and say with my current job and salary, i cant even feed myself, why must i burden other and children? Plus, everything in sg so expensive, wedding no nd money ar? Hospitalised no nd money ar? Baby born, checkup, school fee, tuition, clothing all no nd money ar?

If they asked, even so u dun wanna married, u not lonely meh? I will replied, im the 80s, i a little traditional still, why must i drag someone who can find some other and marry, by my side and let her satyed single thru old age, this ridiculously irresponsible.

Guest Guest

now on the 3rd or 4th. They will asked abt jobs, salaries, family, why still single...??

Normally, i will look into their eyes, face look serious and say with my current job and salary, i cant even feed myself, why must i burden other and children? Plus, everything in sg so expensive, wedding no nd money ar? Hospitalised no nd money ar? Baby born, checkup, school fee, tuition, clothing all no nd money ar?

If they asked, even so u dun wanna married, u not lonely meh? I will replied, im the 80s, i a little traditional still, why must i drag someone who can find some other and marry, by my side and let her satyed single thru old age, this ridiculously irresponsible.

im same age as you and havent even attended a single ict.

btw sidetrack abit, will we have different ppl at every ict or same faces throughout the 10 icts?

im same age as you and havent even attended a single ict.

btw sidetrack abit, will we have different ppl at every ict or same faces throughout the 10 icts?

combat. Same face, same platoon, of the same ord date. Unless, deffered or disrupted too many times.

Tell them u went to hui master and got ur ba zi read. He told you that u cannot get married becos u will cause death to which ever women that marry u. Sounds like a really stupid reason, but if u say it in a really serious tone, they will treat it seriously as well.

Nothing wrong to be single?! If these pple really think all single guys are gay, then so be it. U dun need to own them an explaination.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Guest Guest

When you are physically attractive (looks or body or both), people will place more attention on you or be kaypo about ur life. I find this is human nature no matter gay or straight.

Thats why although i take care of my looks alot, when i attend ict, i purposely 'dress down'. Wear thick black rimmed glasses, dun comb my hair and dun really care how my army uniform look like. Just do my own job and the last thing i want is to attract attention. ;)

say your gf is a stewardess dont wanna give birth so no point getting married.

hahahahhaha .... THIS is exactly my excuse to those kaypos.   

Fab, do you use this excuse too? 

hahahahhaha .... THIS is exactly my excuse to those kaypos.   

Fab, do you use this excuse too? 

IN and out of camp.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

Guest Guest

you  should've come out to them lol, like me, then they will probably bombard you with questions like how many guys have you met since all of you ORD hahaha

LOL, you're so desperate for men, you came out to your army mates??

Guest Close call

One even tried to drag me to geylang to test whether I am gay. I lied to them I am a vegetarian practicing monkhood. Gosh!! I was so lame and everyone was shocked but they laugh and knew I lied, but they let me off.

One even tried to drag me to geylang to test whether I am gay. I lied to them I am a vegetarian practicing monkhood. Gosh!! I was so lame and everyone was shocked but they laugh and knew I lied, but they let me off.

U should have gone in to the room with the pros but pay her to make up story with u.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

YES, very true. My 1st few yrs, some of them were wary of me bcoz of my single status.

Once i reached the 1/2 way mark, some of the married got 'cheeky' by inviting me to shower with them, touching me unnecssary during exercise, offering to send me home in their big cars, etc. They would compliment me on my looks/phsique(b4 that I failed IPPT & I looked like a slop with no confidence) & started asking me why I was not attach with my present attributes. I just smile & said nothing. I believed they were checking me out b4 they made their move on me.

Those married men & officers were cute & sexy though :) Wrong place, wrong time. Too bad, I dun mix ICT with Sex :)

Haha, i don't mind if the guy is good-looking / hunky. Its just a bang anyway and not exactly where you earn your rice bowl. Or just do it outside camp then...

• Guest locked this topic