Male HQ

[BW 2011 Changes] 3. Staying Afloat With BW Advertisement Drive.

oralb

Since day 1, regardless of under BW the man or the current mod team, BW forum has been envisioned as a non-commercial, non-profit sanctuary for our brothers to engage in a little online fantasy world.

Though we are mindful of reality requirements as there are bills to pay for maintaining the Forum Software and the Hosting Site. During the initial startup, we received help and the mods contributed personally, eventually the advertising revenue from Google Ads greatly helped to maintain the forum. This revenue stream gave us the means to regularly upgrade our forum software and even the luxury of allocating a banner space for our BW Charity Drive. (To which we could proudly announced that we had raised a sum of $2,300 for the various charities)

Unfortunately, all good things come to an end; we lost our ONLY source of revenue recently. Read here for the explanation and background http://www.blowingwi...showtopic=27441

During the recent mods meeting, we reaffirmed our commitment to push ahead with the forum. But to our volunteering mods, BW forum should be a self-supporting project instead of bleeding internally.

Hence we embarked on a mission to find new source of revenue, we have applied to gayadnetwork and other display advert companies, but were rejected due to content (yes we are quite explicit) and those USA centric advertiser's infrastructure do not or unwillingly to cater for Asia traffic. We are also unwillingly to explore local advert networks to protect our readers’ identity.

Hence we are back to square one.

Some readers had suggested contributions by the forum readers to support the site. One reason we are hesitant in collecting contributions from individuals or organizations, is that we wanted to remain independent and impartial. Also, we do not wish for our readers to be pressurized to contribute to the forum. Moreover, the source of revenue should be sustainable and predictable.

Nonetheless readers contribution/chip-in will be our last resort.

Finally, we decided to sell our current banner ads space to potential advertisers. The rate will be S$200 for a running of 30 days. In order not to clutter the viewing sight of the forum, we will only release one spot for the ads, which is where the previous Google Ads used to be (Leaderboard @728 x 90). At any one time, there will not be more than 3 different ads on rotation to encourage eyeball movement and maximize visibility. With a statistics of 2.5 Million pageviews per month and 95K unique visitors monthly, we believed the ad space provided a cost effective platform to promote products and services to a focused Singaporean gay community.

How You Can Help:

If you know of individuals or organizations keen to reach out and promote their services and product to the gay community in Singapore, please direct them to our attention. Here are some info you can cut-n-paste to them.

Interested parties, kindly contact any of our mods to find out more about the ads banner

BlowingWind Gay Forum Banner Advertisements – S$200 for 30 days running (works out to only S$6.66 per day)

Readership as recorded by Google Analytics as at Dec 2011.

a. 2.5 Million pageviews/month

b. 95K Unique visitors/month (around $0.002/visitor’s eyeball)

c. 80% from Singapore

:thumb: When I Think It, I Do It, I Win It! :thumb:

A suggestions: why not charge a fee for personals and other personal services etc. like the way Craigslist does it? Or do a credit system- i.e. $10 you can post up to 5 business related/advertisment for your services.

We considered that but feel that we want to keep the sites FREE for end-users.

We need some volume of this paid postings to make this viable. The human overhead to manage the ads and account for all these transactions may be over-whelming for the volunteer mods, in short we may not have the manpower needed to monitor and collect for this.

Once we start taking money from them, we have some obligation on the correctness of their contents etc, that would lead to further strain on our manpower.

Thank you for your suggestion.

Yes it can support flash as well.

However I believe you are aware that the flash advs will NOT show-up for users accessing from their iPads.
There is a growing group of readers who are reading BW on their iPad.

• 1 month later...

1. You can contact any of the Moderators.

2. Suggest you register a BlowingWind Account first. (It is Free).

Then PM (Personal Message) any moderator.

3. If you need some face meeting for clarification, suggest OralB or GachiMuchi,

who are our "public" moderators.

4. Thanks for the interest.

• 3 months later...

Hi All:

Just like to bump this up again, do share around should you or you know of anyone that's keen to advertise,

BlowingWind Gay Forum Banner Advertisements – S$200 for 30 days running (works out to only S$6.66 per day)

Readership as recorded by Google Analytics.

a. 2.5 Million pageviews/month

b. 95K Unique visitors/month (around $0.002/visitor’s eyeball)

c. 80% from Singapore

• Guest locked this topic