Male HQ

Taiwan

GachiMuchi

My first visit to Taiwan’s Office Sauna (公司會關) [265 Chang An West Rd (長安西路), 2550-7766] was in Jun 2005. I did not have a very good impression as I felt it was a bit run down and the crowd was disappointing. But my recent trip helped to change my perception. I realised that I may have gone on a wrong time or day during my last trip.

Upon entering the building, it looks very discreetly tucked amongst other similar building along a not so busy street. Outside the building it has a very big sign signifying “公司會關”. The main door was plastered up with PVC stickers with the name of the sauna and thus keeps the place private from prying eyes. A sign also indicates that it was a private club for men.

Once through the door, it opens up to a reception area with sofa set on the right and with rolls of plastic stackable boxes with no. on the left. The counter staff which mans the reception counter will greet you and pass you a key with a tag after you pay 400NT. The no. on the tag indicates which plastic box container to put your shoes in.

The above is similar with Japan’s sauna practice, except that in Japan, you placed your shoes in the locker before approaching the reception counter.

The lift is located a few feet away after you pass the little rest area behind the reception counter. The Office sauna has 7 floors, but in actual fact, it only has 6. Upon entering the lift I noticed that the 4th floor button was missing. Upon asking the counter staff, I was told that for some buildings, the 4th floor will be skipped over as 4 is not an auspicious number for Chinese; 四樓 sounds like “Dead floor”.

The Changing room was located on the 7th floor, which was shared by the dark TV rest room. Movies are shown with comfy seats where customers can watch movies or just fall asleep. Some actions are happening there especially at the back of the room.

The 6th floor is where the hot/cold pool, steam, sauna, shower rooms, toilets, powder room is. Lots of action in the dark steam room.

The 5th floor is the “Meeting” room floor, where the KTV rooms, gym, drink counters, tables with chairs for food and drinks. Oh, not forgetting that there are some rooms and a little dark rest area for hot activities.

3rd floor are where all rooms are located. It has dark maze and rooms of difference sizes. Most rooms has very thin cotton mattress and pillows. Er.. personally, the mattress looks “dirty” and used. My Taiwan friend asked me to lay my towel on the mattress.

2nd floor are rest area for the working staff and are no entry to all customers.

The customers comprises of lean to stocky to chubby. From youngster (less) to uncles (mostly). Crowds comes in about 8 and gets even thicker as it approaches midnight on a Friday night.

I met some very nice Taiwanese at Office, which brought me and my friend to 九份 the next day.

I enjoyed my trip and I believed many would.

Anyway, I’ve about 4 AJ guide from the sauna. Those going to Taiwan, can PM me and I will pass it to you. (while stock last).

What 'movies' were they showing? Blue movies or Tsai Ming Liang films? Just joking. I've never been to Taiwan sauna before and I'd love to visit one of these sauna hopefully sometimes this year. Also hope to go to one of the sauan in Taichung which I have read so much about. I like mature Taiwan men. Would it be too cold to visit in Decemeber?

Non-gay/ non-xxx movies. So basically normal movies.

Provided you like cold weathers, I would suggest that you go there around Summer or Autumn. The views should be better. Dec will be too cold to venture anywhere outside Taipei. Getting up in a cold morning is good but bathing in cold weather is not good.

In any sauna, as long as you are not picky, I believe there would be lots to satisfy you.

As for me, I am not greedy, I just choose the best of the lot and 1 time is enough.

Went Rainbow too, although there were many nice ones. The Rainbow crowds seems like TC crowd, lots of attitudes. So I just go for one good one and that's it. :D

This website provides an extensive list of saunas and bars in Taiwan. You may wish to use this as a reference for your next trip to Taiwan:

http://www.castro.com.tw/people/bars/g-bars.shtml

On a separate note, I heard that the same management that runs 24 sauna in Tokyo is opening an outlet near Taipei Railway Station. Heard that there is a soft launch previously. Anyone has any idea if the sauna has opened and if so, the location of the sauna. I understand it is also called 24 Sauna.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Heard from friends that the area near the ex Hong Lou theatre is now very popular with Bears and G-men, who hang out at the many PLU-friendly cafes, which have sprouted. :thumb:

我有煙但係邊個有火。。。

Heard from friends that the area near the ex Hong Lou theatre is now very popular with Bears and G-men, who hang out at the many PLU-friendly cafes, which have sprouted. :thumb:

yup :) its called little Bear Village, was there during my recent trip.

Really crowded on friday and saturdays, not too sure on sunday though :unsure:

cannot remember the names of the pubs, there r 2 or 3 pubs there i think,

but the one located in the center of the "bear village' seems the most happening and crowded called G-Paradise.

happen to see one really stocky muscle singaporean chap there. think he was there for the party on sat night.

the guy looked a bit like the famous photographer Chan Wai Teik :D

Errr.... those who gym at Cali orchard will know or have seen someone like him there.

http://www.hypertrophy.com.sg/photographer.html

u will see mostly stocky, muscle, Gman to bears chubs type there. :thumb:

A friend of mine has opened a small shop in the middle of the village selling his own paintings, sculptures, tea sets and other objets d'art. If you happen to be there, please drop by and give him your support :thumb: Next to his shop is Cafe Diana and the owner there is such a cutie :oops:

Taipei is fun. If you have the time visit the Chuan Tang (Chuan Spa) in Oolai. Lots of eye candy there. It's open 24 hours and the later you go, the better it gets ...

Sounds very exciting. Itchy to pay a visit this year liao. According to one proud Taiwanese G-man my friend met in BKK, in Asia, Taiwan G-Men & Bears are only second to Japan. HK ones are too delicate, and Malaysia is crap (please don't flame me). :D

我有煙但係邊個有火。。。

Hi all

I have just returned from a trip to taipei. Yes it's a very happening place. I enjoyed my stay there. Visited a number gay establishments too other than the usual touristy spots. This is my first visit to a country where the people are predominantly chinese. It feels at home and yet foreign. I enjoyed just watching them pass you by wherever I go. I find many Taipei guys are fascinating. I definitely will visit again.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all

I have just returned from a trip to taipei. Yes it's a very happening place. I enjoyed my stay there. Visited a number gay establishments too other than the usual touristy spots. This is my first visit to a country where the people are predominantly chinese. It feels at home and yet foreign. I enjoyed just watching them pass you by wherever I go. I find many Taipei guys are fascinating. I definitely will visit again.

GolfAmateur, never took opportunity to play golf in Taipei? I know the green fees quite high there? :blink:

Quote: Golf and sex are about the only things you can enjoy without being good at them. ~ US Professional Golfer Jimmy Demaret

Quote: If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play at it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf. ~ Actor Bob Hope (1903 - 2003)

• 4 years later...
  • 5 years later...