Male HQ

Someone Whom You've Not Met Is In Love With You For 7 Years

GachiMuchi

I'm stumped by the fact that a Taiwanese guy whom I've not met in person is in love with me for 7 years. I found that out only today after linking up with him just yesterday after a few years absent. He had sent me a message and I added him to my social network app.

Years ago, he had sent me a message on my other social network app online and we chatted briefly on MSN, he was 19 then and I thought he was a tad too young. Nonetheless, we maintained an on and off chat and I shared with him advices and listened to him on his problems. It didn't take long for him to profess his love for me, which I kindly turned down. The reason I told him that we are too far apart and that he is still young and should concentrate on his studies. I also consciously decided to avoid him and cut down our conversation as I realised that he is serious about his love for me. Eventually, we did not chat online and things dwindled down.

Little that I know that after so many years, he still feels the same for me. I thought he would had found someone else and move on, but no. I told him the same reasons I told him years ago and that I'll feel bad if he had wasted all this time waiting for something that may not happened, but he is adamant. Nothing I can say can't change his mind.

He even told me that he had not had sex with anyone and that he was waiting for me and looking forward to meet me in the future. I was skeptical and asked him how he deals with his urges and he says for the past years, he used the pics I gave him to Jo. (OMG, unbelievable)

I asked him how he would feels if someone had said the same things he said to me, to him? I told him that I felt pressurised from what he said and also that the thought that someone had love me for 7 years without even meeting is :

1. Very Romantic

2. Very Creepy

Anyway, I am taking everything with a pinch of salt and see how things progresses. He is a nice kid and I had spoken with him over the phone and he comes across as genuine as he can be and I still the same vibes I get from him after all these years.

To an extreme, I even told him that I am not the boyfriend material as I am too much of a playboy and his answer to me is that he don't mind who I am and only want me to allow him to love me. (His msg :"我不管你多不專一, 我只要你讓我愛你就好")

Still the thought that such devotion for a skeptical person like me stumped me. I am never a person who are at a lost for words but I sure am now. So in the mean time, I just take it in and smile.

Guest Aunt Aga

GM

Using your same advices to others, The same should apply to you. Distant relationship is a NO GO, get over your sentimen and move on. This kind of love is not possible.

Hmm GM, I was actually quite curious why you are still a playboy at your age.

I mean, wouldn't it be a natural tendency that most gay men will slowly settle down for love eventually? Granted, its understood that most people wanna play when they are young, hence the endless sexual escapades. But when one grows older, won't the usual sex become quite plain and that everyone looks for love then?

Anyway, as much as I think the guy is creepy, I think you should talk to him more. You are a player yourself. If someone can continue to love you for 7 years, then isn't that creepy romantic if his feelings is true? Especially so, coming from the gay community? Yes, its LDR, but I really think you should find out more from the guy. If really really really necessary, I will take the leap of faith and fly to meet him if I had to. How much can an air ticket to Taiwan cost? How much time will you lost? Isn't it?

If you missed this chance, then that's it. Just make sure you DO NOT regret whatever you do. Our life is already a social misfit, a deviant by society's standard. I'm super guarded, super skeptical as well, but I think you really really ought to dig information from the guy and see how true this is, at minimal.

Hope you find love =)

Haha, thanks for the reply guys.

Well, I see some interesting replies.

@GuyBornThisWay - I know who I am. I dun like to lie to people, not especially to someone who loves me. I won't say I'll be monogamous because I realised that I won't be. And I've fxxk met enough guys whom are attached to know that I am no saint either.

I won't know what will be as I am on the fence right now.

1. I don't really believe in LDR.

2. I think he deserve better, but apparently, he don't want to move on.

3. If I were to meet and we had sex, I dun want him to be suicidal and do a psycho number on me, if I were to leave him.

So, for now. I think the current situation is the best.

Guest Centrino

Take everything with a PINCH of salt. There's no such thing as one way love...the more he gives, the more he expects in return.

Stay clear of daddy chasers... you'll end up nannying him more than you can handle.

Guest Centrino

Hmm, I dun mean that you lie to people? I'm just genuinely curious why you dun wanna settle down. Hmm, guess everyone seek different stuff and age is really just a number.

Regardless, all the best to you!

Age is not just a number... I used to think that it was, until I met someone much younger than me. Age gap is more than just a number. It's a wealth of life's experiences, heart aches, joys and lessons.

Guest Guest

Age is not just a number... I used to think that it was, until I met someone much younger than me. Age gap is more than just a number. It's a wealth of life's experiences, heart aches, joys and lessons.

Age is important. Maturity, life experiences, stability in handling probs and making decisions etc....u need all these to sustain when it comes to the subsequent years. U might say a youngster is really matured in his thinking etc but most of the time he based it partly on what he has seen and felt and has not experienced it himself. Of course some do but they are still young and they will change in the future. The worst is when a youngster act matured to impress u.

Age is only not much of a problem when both are past 40 yo imo.

Guest Centrino

Age is important. Maturity, life experiences, stability in handling probs and making decisions etc....u need all these to sustain when it comes to the subsequent years. U might say a youngster is really matured in his thinking etc but most of the time he based it partly on what he has seen and felt and has not experienced it himself. Of course some do but they are still young and they will change in the future. The worst is when a youngster act matured to impress u.

Age is only not much of a problem when both are past 40 yo imo.

Fully agreed. Having met a couple of youngsters in recent years, I realised that there's still a gap in their ability in handling matters of the heart. Their immaturity is accentuated when the going gets tough.

• Guest locked this topic