Male HQ

Taoist Temples, Deities, Temple Lot & Divination

Guest Guest F

Guest Guest F

Does anyone know of any other temples in Singapore besides Kuan Yin temple at Waterloo Street, where I can pray for divination lots (qiu qian)? Also, does any one know of any person in Singapore who can give tarot card reading?

Guest cactus

Does anyone know of any other temples in Singapore besides Kuan Yin temple at Waterloo Street, where I can pray for divination lots (qiu qian)? Also, does any one know of any person in Singapore who can give tarot card reading?

Certain things I hate to write here.

I wish to pm you but you are not a registered member?

Would you share what problem you have?

I'll teach you the correct method to get your divination lot.

Job interview, school examination, court case, probably I can help to boost you your luck. Pay for cheap materials I bought.

Edited by cactus

Guest Guest F

I have reached a point where I hope to get advice from the divinities and divination lots (求签)I believe is a way for the divine beings to communicate their answer to me. I am not able to confide my problem in anyone hence I am seeking advice from this avenue. As the buddhas or deities are compassionate, I hope to get advice from them.

As for tarot card reading, I hope to have answers to provide clarity to my thoughts.

Guest cactus

I have reached a point where I hope to get advice from the divinities and divination lots (求签)I believe is a way for the divine beings to communicate their answer to me.

Many people do it the wrong way. The correct method 求签 can be very tiring and time consuming.

Do it correctly, answer is sharp, clear and true! You'll be surprised how accurate it can be.

I am not able to confide my problem in anyone hence I am seeking advice from this avenue.

Up to you. No problem.

hence I am seeking advice from this avenue. As the buddhas or deities are compassionate, I hope to get advice from them.

As for tarot card reading, I hope to have answers to provide clarity to my thoughts.

Long should have appear here.

Other members started quarelling because of you.

Edited by cactus

U can try Sheng Hong Temple which is at paya Lebar road. The 清溪顯佑伯主 divination lots is pretty accurate. U can ask the senior there to guide u.

Guest cactus

U can try Sheng Hong Temple which is at paya Lebar road. The 清溪顯佑伯主 divination lots is pretty accurate. U can ask the senior there to guide u.

I used to jog till there. I know the place pretty well.

All kinds of people there. Every night got 大戏。

I took lots of photos from there. Don't think I will put here.

I used to jog till there. I know the place pretty well.

All kinds of people there. Every night got 大戏。

I took lots of photos from there. Don't think I will put here.

Glad that u know the place pretty well. I love the analogy of the 28 fortune lots of 城隍 as every of it are story based. Edited by Shirtless boy

Guest cactus

Glad that u know the place pretty well. I love the analogy of the 28 fortune lots of 城隍 as every of it are story based.

The head of the temple is 陈添来。He really knows how to "por" 李奕云(She is a MP). He will use use his power (gather his -members) to support PAP. Puiwee-Chau-Nuar another PAP走狗。 :yuk:

You surprise I know all this?

Sometimes, after going to the temple, I'll go to the food centre (@ Circuit Road) to eat. Lots of delicious vegetarian food. I also can gossip which stall is nice.

In Singapore, there are only two 城隍 temples. Another is Tanjong Pagar. I go there once in a while on sunday. Sunday quiet. Out of these two 城隍 temples, the Tanjong Pagar城隍has the highest ranking (General Rank).

Edited by cactus

Guest cactus

Thiam lye is also the head of some other major temples in Sg. All along I don't like him as he wants fame in the Taoist community only. Come 9th month, the birthday of nine emperors deities I can see him almost everywhere.

He is the head of Singapore Taoism Federation. Located at Changi.

三清宫and Paya Lebar城隍庙 are related.

Tan Thiam Lye really knows how to "Por-Gu-Lan".

Guest cactus

Yes u r right. The one at tanjong pager is 都城隍. Said to be the highest ranking Cheng huang in Sg. However, that temple is opened by a Chinese monk.

都城隍temple is the only temple in Singapore that does 冥婚。

Guest guest

The head of the temple is 陈添来。He really knows how to "por" 李奕云(She is a MP). He will use use his power (gather his -members) to support PAP. Puiwee-Chau-Nuar another PAP走狗。 :yuk:

One more 城隍 is at toa payoh and the other one at teban garden

You surprise I know all this?

Sometimes, after going to the temple, I'll go to the food centre (@ Circuit Road) to eat. Lots of delicious vegetarian food. I also can gossip which stall is nice.

In Singapore, there are only two 城隍 temples. Another is Tanjong Pagar. I go there once in a while on sunday. Sunday quiet. Out of these two 城隍 temples, the Tanjong Pagar城隍has the highest ranking (General Rank).

Guest cactus

One more 城隍 is at toa payoh and the other one at teban garden

主神要城隍爷then counted.

For Example, in Loyang Tua-Peh-Kong Temple, 城隍爷is behind the temple. So, not counted as 城隍庙。

The one at Toa Payoh not counted cos under 双林寺。

Edited by cactus

Guest cactus

Since like u know quite a lot in this circle.

I do not want to be "kay-poh". Too obvious become annoying.

I am more interested in supper hunting. I like to eat supper but I'll never get fat wan.

Guest Guest

主神要城隍爷then counted.

For Example, in Loyang Tua-Peh-Kong Temple, 城隍爷is behind the temple. So, not counted as 城隍庙。

The one at Toa Payoh not counted cos under 双林寺。

How would one know if he has an affinity with a particular diety? Any advice? I have been vexed by this for quite sometime.

How would one know if he has an affinity with a particular diety? Any advice? I have been vexed by this for quite sometime.

U need to analyse this for sometimes before u can really find out. First of all, have u had any particular deity which you feel extremely close to, feel happy whenever u see him or her and lastly, granted your prayers whenever u seek his or her guidance?

Guest cactus

U need to analyse this for sometimes before u can really find out. First of all, have u had any particular deity which you feel extremely close to, feel happy whenever u see him or her and lastly, granted your prayers whenever u seek his or her guidance?

Our Shirtless boy expert liao.

Guest cactus

Sorry I'm no expert. It's just that I've an affinity with a deity and was sort of like being "selected" by him. That leads me from being a free thinker to a Taoist. And yes that was a few years back.

Good. Rare to see sincere Taoist.

Guest Esjey

I agree he is condemning other religions.

Dear guest, You're supposed to love all people, even people not from the same household of faith as you. (Romans 12:14-20, Galatians 6:10) This is a commandment of Christ. So please treat other religions with respect, especially in Singapore. Peace.

Guest Guest11

Anyone knows how to highlight this to the admin? This ill mannered fellow ought to be taught a lesson. Does the admin read the posts? Do they retain IP addresses of guest postings?

Guest cactus

sorry. totally ignorant here. what's 城隍庙? heard abt it loads in programmes.

Our shirtless boy will explain to you.

He is very kind and helpful one. He will tell you the answer.

城隍廟 or 城隍寶殿 is the magistrate hall of 城隍公, also known as 城隍伯主. He is known as the city god in the Taoist community. He deals with matters pertaining to the spiritual world which is more pertaining like the newly departed soul, soul who needs to seek justice and who have some matters and issues left unsettled in the mortal world and so on. He is usually flanked by his assistants, 文武判官, deities who have dealing with the netherworld like 包公,注身娘娘 and the 黑白無常. There are also a quite different 城隍 from different origins and backgrounds. His temple in Singapore, the one at lorong koo chye ba and teban garden originate from hokkien, 安溪 district.

Hope my info helps although I'm not that well versed in netherworld deities issue. Well there are a few type of tangki. Some are being chosen by gods, some chose to volunteer and that's 'guan kee' and some seasoned tangki can just command their so call boss as and when they require. For those born with a 乩骨, the deity will automatically find him or her when the time is ripe. Depending on affinity, a master will be there to teach the new tangki or the deity itself will teach. It usually depends on individual and the deity personality. Hard to explain here.

Guest geust

Can enlighten us on chinese's belief in 7th day, or 7 x 7, 49th days etc..is it really true that our beloved ones will come back etc. thx

Guest Guest F

Could Cactus or someone else advise me on my following questions regarding seeking divinition lots (qiu qian)?

I was told that in terms of timing to seek a qian, it is better to do so before 12 noon (not too sure why), is it true?

I read from a book that says that if I am seeking for a yes or no answer, then the correct procedure should not be to qiu qian; instead I should just throw the 杯 3 times, and if I can continuosly get 3 圣杯(means 1 positive and 1 negative), it means a "yes" answer. However, if I only get 2 out of 3 圣杯, it means it is not an affirmative "yes" and the deity (神明) has further message to convey to me, and what I should do next is then to qiu qian to get advice on my course of action.

Is my understanding correct?

Guest cactus

I was told that in terms of timing to seek a qian, it is better to do so before 12 noon (not too sure why), is it true?

Don't know who tell you this. No such thing.There are certain days in a month not suitable to "qiu qian". Certain time onwards not suitable for "qiu qian".

I read from a book that says that

Don't know where the hell you read it.

if I am seeking for a yes or no answer, then the correct procedure should not be to qiu qian; instead I should just throw the 杯 3 times, and if I can continuosly get 3 圣杯(means 1 positive and 1 negative), it means a "yes" answer. However, if I only get 2 out of 3 圣杯, it means it is not an affirmative "yes" and the deity (神明) has further message to convey to me, and what I should do next is then to qiu qian to get advice on my course of action.

Is my understanding correct?

Fully wrong. 我晕了。

Guest cactus

Can enlighten us on chinese's belief in 7th day, or 7 x 7, 49th days etc..is it really true that our beloved ones will come back etc. thx

99% true.

Based on what I seen. Those ones selling pork, fish (fish mongers), chicken (including chicken rice sellers), beef (butchers)... usually damn "cham". Heavily guarded. They see family one time and for all and that's it. 7th month won't even come back.

When beloved ones passed away. Please do not think. They (not those do killing business ones) appear ultra fast like WiFi! I guarantee "s/he" knew you are 依依不舍, refuse to leave. I have seen thousands of times siar!

If family member passed away, better watch more Mr. Bean or Just for Laugh. Carry on as normal. Don't even talk about him/her anymore.

I hope Christians can “xio kiim czuar” during 清明、death anniversary and 7th month. I know Catholics/Christians do not believe all this because they thought go back see Jesus. What the heck! Chinese Lunar Seventh Month is 100% real!

When those Christians dead, their ancestors came and eat Chinese Taoism/Buddhism offerings during 7th month!

I will not force people to believe me.

Guest cactus

Wow very clear information shirtless boy. Are you a medium (Tangki) yourself? Always am interested how those Tangki got chosen by god and how they got trance.

I already knew Shitless Boy can explain. So, let him help you.

See post #32.

Guest Esjey

I hope Christians can “xio kiim czuar” during 清明、death anniversary and 7th month. I know Catholics/Christians do not believe all this because they thought go back see Jesus. What the heck! Chinese Lunar Seventh Month is 100% real!

When those Christians dead, their ancestors came and eat Chinese Taoism/Buddhism offerings during 7th month!

Just a 2c sharing: Christians believe that once one ceases earthly life, he/she will be judged by God to either go Heaven or Hell eternally. I was also taught of a place called Purgatory (A Catholic dogma based on Scripture), in which one suffers for some mortal sins before entering His kingdom sinless. FYI, some testimonies mention that the spirits we may happen to see are actually souls from this place that need our help in prayer - just like in the Chinese 7th-month where Buddhists gather together in prayer for those wondering souls to attain peace.

Additionally, Christians generally do visit the graves of deceased loved ones and offer prayers for the repose of their souls. This usually happens on All Souls' Day (it's similar to our Chinese 清明); which is right after All Saints' Day near end of the year in the Christian calendar. But Catholics, Orthodox & Protestants differ in the way they celebrate/commemorate.

Hope it gives you a brief understanding on the works & dogma of Christianity :) Oh btw, I do observe the local Chinese 7th Lunar Month traditions out of respect and curiosity to some extent, so many interesting 'DO's & 'DON'T's :)

No problem. Tangki worship is basically a 民間信養/folk Taoism practice. Different sect and temple have sifferent ways to invoke the deity that come.What sort of tangki do u love to see? 天神 or 陰神?

basically all hahaha.... Love to see how they trance and then finally the god left their body. Pardon me, is there any fake tangi? Hope no one get offended by my question as I ever witnessed some tangi that the god can "enter" their body or "leave" their body so easily (without much struggle). Apologised as Ive nothing against anybody.

basically all hahaha.... Love to see how they trance and then finally the god left their body. Pardon me, is there any fake tangi? Hope no one get offended by my question as I ever witnessed some tangi that the god can "enter" their body or "leave" their body so easily (without much struggle). Apologised as Ive nothing against anybody.

Actually our gods are can be categorized into i) 文,武 ii) 天,陰 iii) 先天,後天 and etc... Every individual possesses one value from each category...of cos there are more categories for them to break into but I do not want to confuse u further as different gods have different 化身/分身... There are of cos fake kitong but u have to see who r those fake one... Not easy to distinguish but for me I know :) lastly. A season medium can allow his god to leave and enter easily as they knows how to control the percentage of the god they come.. While a newbie medium is not able to control thus will come forcefully when being invoked. Edited by Shirtless boy

Guest cactus

Just a 2c sharing: Christians believe that once one ceases earthly life, he/she will be judged by God to either go Heaven or Hell eternally. I was also taught of a place called Purgatory (A Catholic dogma based on Scripture), in which one suffers for some mortal sins before entering His kingdom sinless.

God not Jesus. Go up and down is based on sin and good deeds.

Sincere Christians (see post above #40) do no go to heaven. I confirm no such thing as baptism and go heaven. I have seen "they" hang out in Korng Meng Sua, Kgu-Si-Liim Temples. "They" eat Chinese offerings, pick money (incense paper), chewing fruits on the road side!

Christian/Catholic is good in a way teaching people correct things, share and sacrifice for others. It does not mean s/he sure go heaven, see god and get close with Jesus. Definitely no such thing.

FYI, some testimonies mention that the spirits we may happen to see are actually souls from this place that need our help in prayer - just like in the Chinese 7th-month where Buddhists gather together in prayer for those wondering souls to attain peace.

Thank you for "FYI".

See my post (right click). Christian prayers proven no use.

Please do not get mad. Not Taoism/Buddhism strong or poweful.

8 out 10 ang-moh mediums are "how siiao". Arranged what Priest, Pastor, Church Minister do prayers also no use.

Sharring you with one typical case I handled. I advertised my service in US Craigslist. Many times, I received prank calls. I owned a T-Mobile number, sometimes, reception not good.

A houseowner called me in the afternoon. Initially, I wanted to hangup (cos many prank calls) but quite a sincere voice. So, I took up the case, and I drove down to his house in Iowa taking my own sweet time. Lock on to my Tom-tom GPS finding his house not a problem. It was freaking cold winter, with marginally visibily because of the snow. Usually I hack care, cause, too cold to go anywhere plus next day I have to attend morning lesson.

When I reached his house, many people were there, macham Christmas gathering. After that, then I realised they were Church members. Shook hands with everybody, introduced and chatted a little. I noticed burnt candles, opened bibles, sweets and etc. In my mind was like, "kee-siiao", sing song, do prayers got use meh?

Anway, I started to walk around the house with the house owner showing me the place. KNN! Basement got "two", in his room got another "two". Really got 好兄弟。

I was thinking, this time "dua-kii" already. "They" quite hostile in the beginning, wanted to attack me. My left hand behind my back, 暗中笔了斩妖手势,ward off instantly and dare not to come near.

Chatted for half an hour. Eventually, I got the family/last name as McKowithy. Entire family died for almost 100 years! Wah kau...Two murdered, two committed suicide. Negotiation failed and "they" refused to leave.

I told the houseowner, go to the county office and search for house history by the family name McKowithy the next day. I even advised the houseowner to move. So, stubborn, ang-moh死都不肯搬。That night, I did not collect money from him and I left.

To cut long story short... ...

Exactly one month later, I called him. He said he found the history report from the county office of his house on the next day, after I left that night. I was ebing told he sold the house and rock bottom price (converted to about S$150K)! After that, 7 days later, I received a check from him! Hah...At least my "chiia yew" (gas) not wasted.

The moral of the story is, Christianity prayers NO guarantee use.

You will be surprised, Muslim/Islamic Jawi much powerful than Christianity prayers (include Pastor Kong's tongue language). :hat:

Additionally, Christians generally do visit the graves of deceased loved ones and offer prayers for the repose of their souls. This usually happens on All Souls' Day (it's similar to our Chinese 清明); which is right after All Saints' Day near end of the year in the Christian calendar. But Catholics, Orthodox & Protestants differ in the way they celebrate/commemorate.

I lived in ang-moh lands for years. I know. Thank you.

Hope it gives you a brief understanding on the works & dogma of Christianity :) Oh btw, I do observe the local Chinese 7th Lunar Month traditions out of respect and curiosity to some extent, so many interesting 'DO's & 'DON'T's :)

Good that you respect.

I appreciate you understand. Thank you. :clap:

Everybody like you is good.

Edited by cactus

Guest cactus

Pardon me, is there any fake tangi? Hope no one get offended by my question

Of course there are! Many!

My grandmother (she mati many years ago) told me, during the Japanese occupation, tangi are very "zhun". I strongly believe. Even the Malays and Indians came and ask. Don't laugh hor.

Tanggi is so "zhun" that can tell exactly when Japanese soldiers passing this village, which kampung will be bombed & etc.

Guest Guest

those ang mo ghosts not demonish looking meh? or look like asian version of ghost?

how come these ang mo ghosts not verse in other religions can be scared of other religion chant or ritual?

Guest cactus

those ang mo ghosts not demonish looking meh? or look like asian version of ghost?

Hoho...ang mo ghosts not demonish?

You want them to look like satan with two horns sticking out? So funny... hoho...

Please do not believe those churches show you pictures of demon or hell looks like. I have seen before. Very imaginative drawings. "cjio-karr-waa-bpeng".

Head kenna smashed, no eyes, no face, no nose, no mouth, no head also have!

Not long ago, Bedok South Neighbourhood Police Centre downhill got a Christian funeral. I night jog passed by there, saw church members singing in the wake. Not many people (visitors) on the wake but drew alots of "newcomers" (ang-moh guiwee also came). If those all people see, sure "siiam-saii, lauu-jieow". (sounds insulting, but true).

how come these ang mo ghosts not verse in other religions can be scared of other religion chant or ritual?

This even funny. This is one of the common type of questions I got.

I know what your next question. "If it is a Nigerian ghost, do you speak French?" Or, "do you use Quran to deal with him/her?"

May be Shirless boy can help me to answer.

Yawn...sleeping soon.

Edited by cactus

• Guest locked this topic