This is a difficult dilemma which I
need to talk about but cannot seem to bring myself to do it because of
the negative reaction that may surface.

My life is more or less screwed anyway
so I thought I would just highlight the ills of having too many
foreigners without any quality control.

The PAP governement just won't listen
and this has an adverse effect on our local born citizens. My example
proves this and I would thus like to share it via the alternative media.

My reaction was very shocked when I
read the white paper just two and a half weeks ago. I used to be okay
with them until one of these foreigners ruined my life.

There was this guy from Vietnam who
came to singapore in 2005 on an ASEAN scholarship. He studied at ACS
(Independent) before matriculating into NUS and is now doing a degree
in Chemical Engineering.

In fact, he has become so assimilated
to our local culture that he has picked a pseudonym for himself within
the gay community that sounds more local.

After the test results proved
positive, I was really afraid and started asking around. It was only
then that I reaslied a handful of people have also gotten HIV from him.
This includes some people from the NUS dragonboating team where he used
to be a member (I don't know now).

I am really at a loss now and I hope
that the social media will expose what he has done to our citizens
despite living off taxpayers' money for the past 8 years. I estimate
that this costs at least $150,000.

Please be careful of this and I hope
that enough attention can be brought forward so that the daft
authorities can finally act on it. In addition, Singaporeans would also
have a clearer picture on the ills of foreigners.

Editor's Note: We have already
forwarded this email from our reader to NUS for clarification. Although
individuals should also be taking necessary care to protect themselves,
it is sad to see problems such as these being brought into Singapore by
foreigners. Perhaps more thorough health screenings should take place
before foreigners are awarded scholarships or work permits.

We have published this article
to warn others to take care and also to try and raise awareness to those
out there that are affected in some way by diseases such as HIV. You
are not alone, and should not be ashamed to seek help. If you reach out,
you may even inspire others to do the same and help to ease their
anxieties too.

We have removed the names of
all parties involved in order to avoid complicating the situation.
Knowingly spreading HIV is a crime, and so we leave the case with NUS
and police for their investigations should they choose to investigate
the issue.

TS: Such a pity. These few students who have gotten infected are young, full of prospects and probably very hot looking.

Hope this serves as a warning and a reminder to our community especially those promiscuous ones.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Guest 100% made in singapore

It takes two hands to clap. Guess it's easier to push the blame to foreigners. So does that mean next time when you get choked on sushi blame it on the Japanese too, eat kueh lapis get choked blame it on the Indonesian?

Funny how HIV also blame foreigners.

The scholar prob got infected in spore too cos he would have undergone medical check up before staying put. But then he could have travelled overseas or returned to his homeland in between as well. Worst is he himself does not know it.

Having said that, i dun really symphatize with the original poster. It was his own choice to engage in casual and UNSAFE sex. He prob blamed the 'foreigner' in going around spreading the virus to people but anyone, foreigner anot, could have done it.

Guest Philip D

He had to undergo medical check-up before he could get the student pass. So he probably had more check-up than the original poster. Now ppl can even do babebacking and then blaime the foreigners. Shameless!

I can understand the guy need to lash out, but the Vietnam student could be an unknowing victim as well. If you have been having unprotected sex, how can you even be sure whose the right guy that pass it to you.

My more immediate concern is who else has slept together with the potential carriers, are the tested positive ppl getting the proper assistance.

成熟不是心變老,是淚在打轉,卻依然還能微笑。

Another concern……stated that some guys in NUS Dragonboating team are infected as well. So these students like to bareback with each other and others?

The youths prob are well aware that barebacking and unsafe casual sex have HIGH risks but still do it anyway. Never judge how young or how hot or good looking or fit a guy is, unless u wanna learn lesson the hard way. :/

many dragonboat guys are gays, not surprising but the straights are v surprised.

but quite surprised that they like to bareback within the team, if this is a norm in other hot bodied men team, then definitely no good....

In all fairness, this could have happened if the guy was a local too.

The original author was probably upset and needed some way to "vent his frustrations" and so he picked on the fact that the person who gave it to him is a foreigner, using the sentiments of the ground as a hopeful medium of transmission to get others to see things his way.

Unfortunately by doing this he has actually casted gays in a negative light and probably magnified the false thinking that gays are the ones who are responsible for passing HIV around.

I've never believed in the truthfulness of any of the stories from therealsingapore website. Much as I am not a fan of the ruling government, many of their stories seem too extreme and negative for me to trust in their validity.

If this were really someone who has contracted HIV, his foremost concern would be the trauma of dealing with the problem, but the focus of this article has seemed to be more concerned with bashing the government than with the issues associated with contracting HIV itself. It's like the main agenda is to slam the government, and the HIV topic merely serves as a means to this end.

Sighs. So many activists have been trying to raise awareness and seek tolerance for gay people. and after this stupid article, more people will think HIV is associated with gay people and we are spreading the disease around.

Sighs. So many activists have been trying to raise awareness and seek tolerance for gay people. and after this stupid article, more people will think HIV is associated with gay people and we are spreading the disease around.

The christian church always say that. They think it is God's punishment, the hand of God killing off all the unrighteous gay people.

Sad to hear such, remind me of my first HIV experience was a friend (whom looks like Clark kent) kenna it.

Please do not be blinded by beauty that a hot, good looking guy is HIV free as HIV has no symptoms.

Instead, it's always best to know a person, his lifestyle and his sexual preference (like does he do bareback, or does he fuck around and attend orgies) well enough before jumping onto bed with him.

Condoms is your last defence, knowledge is your first defence.

There are a lot of possibilities of getting the dissease. Anywhere, anytime, anywho.

Yea that is why not only bangkok, u can even get it in a 5 star hotel in spore.

this guy is an idiot

it made the entire gay community now look bad and now more stigmatized with HIV and orgies

thanks alot bro!

10 more years of set back to the gay community for equal rights.

The gay community does not have a gd reputation to begin with and seen in a bad light by the society.

This is just like added confirmation. :/

Guest Sammyboy
This article has proven gay men is the main cause of bringing in AIDS! Isn't it great to have such confessor?!

No wonder our PAP Members of Parliament Dr Balaji Sadasivan, former Senior Minister of State for Foreign Affair gave his speech on Nov 2004 condeming gay men for spreading HIV. {post}

TH28_CITY_BALAJI__S_259239e.jpg

I am starting to believe Dr Balaji Sadasivan's statement. Ministry of Health (includes CDC and DSC@ Kelantan Lane) consolidated and tabulated the results and identities with wonderful statistics and surveys.

Thank you Dr Balaji Sadasivan! The PAP and supporters shall always remember his dear contribution.  :thumb:

Guest PSY_朴载相
Dear TS,

Thank you for sharring. 

I understand the whole article while many readers may have understood the writer.

The anonymous writer could be blaming .... 

1) the Gov't giving out scholarship to foreigners. 

2) the Gov't for not implementing blood screening for foreign scholars.

I do not understand why foreign scholars gave Singaporeans so much problems.

Condolence to the unfortunate NUS peeps contracted with HIV. Studying in NUS, I have roughly came across the name of this Vietnamese guy who was sexually active, or rather to be precise, sexually addicted. Rumours said that he was not bad looking, and many "preys" have fallen into his beauty trap.

I believe that no single party should carry all the burden of blames about this unfortunate events. In fact, everyone should take responsibility for their own actions. Did the victims actually bother to think twice before they get naughty with this notoriously famous playboy?  

However, instead of playing the "finger-pointing" game, the "anonymous" victim should get our support morally, and financially (for those who have extras to spare) for the medical bills. I can imagine how difficult it is to voice up this issue to his family, especially his parents who have cared more about him than everyone else in this world.

No doubt, their future is quite gloomy, despite their talents. Every now and then, I will hear my friends talking about bringing strangers back to their rooms in campus for a few momenta of pleasure and comfort. But, future, or the few moments of pleasure?

You decide.  

Condolence to the unfortunate NUS peeps contracted with HIV. Studying in NUS, I have roughly came across the name of this Vietnamese guy who was sexually active, or rather to be precise, sexually addicted. Rumours said that he was not bad looking, and many "preys" have fallen into his beauty trap.

I believe that no single party should carry all the burden of blames about this unfortunate events. In fact, everyone should take responsibility for their own actions. Did the victims actually bother to think twice before they get naughty with this notoriously famous playboy?  

However, instead of playing the "finger-pointing" game, the "anonymous" victim should get our support morally, and financially (for those who have extras to spare) for the medical bills. I can imagine how difficult it is to voice up this issue to his family, especially his parents who have cared more about him than everyone else in this world.

No doubt, their future is quite gloomy, despite their talents. Every now and then, I will hear my friends talking about bringing strangers back to their rooms in campus for a few momenta of pleasure and comfort. But, future, or the few moments of pleasure?

You decide.  

Are his initials D.H.H?

I personally know the guy involved (aka vietnam guy). and hes trying to move away from all the drama. I guess like what many had said. It takes two hands to clap. So don't push all the blame onto him when both were willing parties in the first place. :/

HIV is spread thru UNSAFE sex, regardless of the nationality of the participants or whether they are in receipt of funds from govt scholarships.

I am saddened by your illness and I hope that whoever knowingly spreads the disease gets their just punishment.

Agree.  Instead of blaming having unsafe sex, TS is venting his frustration on the govt and foreigners.  Xenophobes who use a blanket label by calling each and every foreigner trash would love to use this article as fodder to fan irrational hatred and increase local-foreigner tension.

Auntie Gale, you don't know the whole story, don't whole day xenophobe xenophobe xenophobe like you damn smart like that. This is not the first time this scholar goes around infecting people knowingly.

I personally know the guy involved (aka vietnam guy). and hes trying to move away from all the drama. I guess like what many had said. It takes two hands to clap. So don't push all the blame onto him when both were willing parties in the first place. :/

Is the guy D.H.H ?

That's fucking nonsense, if you are HIV+, you don't get to fucking clap without telling the other! It's illegal. Unless you are telling me the other hands willing clapped knowing that they will be infected.

Guest Gillian

Fake post.

With effect from 1 March 2000, those in the following categories:

• Employment Passes of six months' duration or more.

•Long-term immigration passes (i.e. Professional Visit Passes, Dependant's Passes, Student's Passes and Long-Term Social Visit Passes of six months' duration or more).

•Permanent Residence (PR).

need to be screened for HIV and TB yearly.

He would not have been able to progress academically in Singapore.

Secondly, if you read the "letter" clearly, the intent wasn't on his status - it was about foreigners and their ills.

Most importantly, there are already laws in place for this (prosecuting the spread of hiv) - he doesn't need to "...social media will expose what he has done to our citizens" - a single phone call would have the police coming down on the scholar.

All I see is a letter trying to slander the scholar or draw attention to specific topics under the guise of another topic.

I dunno.. but I am an international student here. I have not been asked for any health check yearly. Hope you get your facts right. Nonetheless, it is good for us to go medical checkup on our own yearly. Not just for HIV or TB. More for general well-being. =)

This is just stupid! If you didn't have sex with that guy, you wouldn't even get contracted by HIV.

Don't blame on the foreigners simply because you don't like them!

Hello curiousbitch, one with HIV shouldn't be sleeping and spreading it knowingly, that's the crux of the matter.

Hello curiousbitch, one with HIV shouldn't be sleeping and spreading it knowingly, that's the crux of the matter.

And who knows the Vietnamese guy got contracted with HIV when he's in Singapore?

In the end, we only regret the chances we didn't take..

And who knows the Vietnamese guy got contracted with HIV when he's in Singapore?

Does that relinquish this vietcon's social responsibility of not spreading it around intentionally?

Assume he got it from a Singaporean, he should spread it to other Singaporeans? Do you want to have it too?

I dunno.. but I am an international student here. I have not been asked for any health check yearly. Hope you get your facts right. Nonetheless, it is good for us to go medical checkup on our own yearly. Not just for HIV or TB. More for general well-being. =)

yea asked my international student pass holders friends in uni and they too said never been asked to go for medical check up yearly.

Yes, one shldnt be spreading it knowingly. But at that point in time does the Vietnam student know he's HIV+.

The point in that article is not about safe sex or keeping your partner aware of your HIV status. If i didnt remember wrongly, that article is just blindly lashing out at the population policy and placing the blaming the scholar for passing HIV to him.

Ps. Please keep it civil if you are going to post as a guest. Thank you.

Edited by slackerj

成熟不是心變老,是淚在打轉,卻依然還能微笑。

• Guest locked this topic