Male HQ

Suggestion For Moderators - On Polling

Guest Feedback

Guest Feedback

Can we have a separate section in BW bulletin Board to segregrate common chat with those "surveys, polling, experiment question for schools..etc"?  This will help prevent drowning out other more interesting topic and streamline the searching process.

Can we have a separate section in BW bulletin Board to segregrate common chat with those "surveys, polling, experiment question for schools..etc"?  This will help prevent drowning out other more interesting topic and streamline the searching process.

+1

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

善待对人。麻烦用英文来表达信息。不是每个人都会看的懂中文 “People need to learn the art of making an argument. Often there is no

right or wrong. It's just your opinion vs someone else's opinion. How you deliver that opinion could make the difference between opening a mind,

changing an opinion or shutting the door. Sometimes folk just don't know when they've "argued" enough. Learn when to shut up."

― J'son M. Lee 

Thank You for the constructive suggestion.  We will table this idea in our next meeting.  Meanwhile, it would be good to hear more (the pros and cons) of having a dedicated folder for Polls.

Click Here To Visit My Blog @ "The Blessed Life"

*Let me live my life to be an instrument of 'Love', in how I speak and in how I see others*

- May there be Love and Peace beyond all understanding -

1. Thanks to TS and Ikutube who subsequently brought this up for the mod's internal discussion.

2. For the polls, we have done the following:

a. Turned off poll bumping.

This means that FRESH vote cast in a poll will NOT bump the topic up.

To bump the topic up, readers need to post something in that topic.

b. With this change, all those "legacy" poll-topics will NOT regularly re-float up when newbies re-discover the old polls and cast fresh votes.

c. We see whether this tweak will solve the Poll Irritation.

Cheers !

1. Thanks to TS and Ikutube who subsequently brought this up for the mod's internal discussion.

2. For the polls, we have done the following:

a. Turned off poll bumping.

This means that FRESH vote cast in a poll will NOT bump the topic up.

To bump the topic up, readers need to post something in that topic.

b. With this change, all those "legacy" poll-topics will NOT regularly re-float up when newbies re-discover the old polls and cast fresh votes.

c. We see whether this tweak will solve the Poll Irritation.

Cheers !

Wouldn't it be better if a separate section 'Polls' be created. Some old polls just like old dead threads can be easily be float again. It looks neater, too. Just my 2cents.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

善待对人。麻烦用英文来表达信息。不是每个人都会看的懂中文 “People need to learn the art of making an argument. Often there is no

right or wrong. It's just your opinion vs someone else's opinion. How you deliver that opinion could make the difference between opening a mind,

changing an opinion or shutting the door. Sometimes folk just don't know when they've "argued" enough. Learn when to shut up."

― J'son M. Lee 

Wouldn't it be better if a separate section 'Polls' be created. Some old polls just like old dead threads can be easily be float again. It looks neater, too. Just my 2cents.

a. We're actually trying to streamline the foum by having FEWER sub-forums.

Having too many sub-forums can be over-whelming for new readers who first chance upon BW. They do not knowing where to start and just leave after a few clicks.

I always like the Apple principle, Simplify. Less is More.

As an aside, I have that problem when I visit HWZ - too many sub-forums, I didn't know the heart of HWZ until much later. :).

b. Sub-forums unless it has strong contents, usually do not garner enough eyeballs and interest dies down.

We tried that with Pets/Plants sub-forum - Closed Down.

c. As such, I like to see whether the tweak above solves the problem first.

We will explore options like was suggested only if doesn't work as intended.

Cheers !

• Guest locked this topic