Male HQ

Bangkok - The Tivoli Hotel

oralb

I am writing this to share a good lobang and also i promised the reception that i would spread this to others :)

This time in BKK, i stayed in a new boutique hotel call The Tivoli Hotel.

They offered a special package

The Tivoli Cozy Package

3 Days 2 Nights for 2 persons at 2900 baht net

Package Included:

- Accommodation in a Cozy room type

- Daily American Buffet Breakfast at Silk Salon restaurant

- Welcome drink

- Complimentary Traditional Thai massage 60 minutes at The Tivoli Spa

- Cable network Television with LCD Screen TV and DVD player

- Complimentary Coffee & Tea making facilities

- Use of Fitness Centre

- Late check-out until 18.00 hrs. (subject to room available)

Since i was staying alone, they offered me at 2200 bht net which meant each night only cost 1100 bht (around S$50) what a steal.

the room was nicely done up with a modernized decor, quite big, and the biggest attraction was of coz the 32 inch LCD tv with a DVD player (so you can test all the DVD you buy from MBK)

I asked for 6pm check out and was granted. that made the last day in BKK easier to manage as i went for my last minute shopping, went back to the hotel to pack, gotten a nice shower before heading for the airport.

As for the thai massage, i was expecting a medicore one as it was complimentary, it turned out to be rather good. No male massuer though, no hanky panky also unless your taste is into aunties :P

If i have to complaint, it will be the location, from the map it is near Lumpini Tower, nearest MRT is Lumpini station while nearest BTS is Sale Dane, but both have to take either taxi or tuk tuk in (quite fast though the taxi fare was only 39BHT around 2 jumps of the meter). however it is rather near Malaysia hotel so if you wanted a discreet accomodation and yet near babylon, this might be a good choice.

The hotel offers a free tuk tuk service from the hotel to silom area, but only from 7am to 4pm.

Due to the size of the lobby, bringing any guest back for overnight stay may not be easy. If worried about that, can also pay for the 2 person package 1st.

Promotion ends 31st Aug

http://www.thetivolihotelbangkok.com/html/index.html

:thumb: When I Think It, I Do It, I Win It! :thumb:

Thanks for sharing... will check it out when I'm there next weekend. The location not very nice tho, a bit of a long walk to Babylon sauna.

And the tuk tuk shuttle may not be good since its rainy season.

TC, i tell u it is worth the $$$ and trouble.

you can call for taxi at the counter and all taxi that i got used meter (that's save on negotiation)

i will try to scan a map and post online, you can see that it is not far from Babylon. (roughly 10 minutes)

The charm is the service, always friendly and smiling. the hotel staff are better than the 4 star hotel i stayed earlier.

I was actually deciding between Regent Silom and this place. (same price for single room) however Regent only offered no window room for that price, whereas the Tivoli's free massage and 6pm check out helped made the decision.

taking taxi turn into Soi Sathorn 1, like how you go to babylon, take the left turning at the end of the road.

turn right immediately at the 1st junction and head straight all the way. you should see a nicely done building at the left of the road.

Ah, Oralb, didnt know you were in BKK about the same time. If not, I will be delighted to join you for high tea or something. ha ha.

Not sure this Tivoli Hotel is for me. Location is always my main concern. And Babylon is not top of my list of must-visit sauna place. But thanks for the recommendation- it's always good to promote a good lobang.

ED, no worries, you can always join us on our weekly dinner or other gathering!

normally i would choose location, but this time the package was really good and the location wasnt that far as well. Moreover i told myself i only needed to leave the hotel in the morning (free tuk tuk to nearby station) and return at night.

• 1 year later...

I just came back from a sensational holiday in Thailand. :D I booked a villa on Koh Samui for 7 days and it was perfect. Not totally cheap so, but worth every dollar. During the day I went explorering the island and did a boattour to Angthong Marine Park - where they filmed The Beach! And in the night...hmm..there are so many nice bars with...you know... :whistle: Anyway, I had a lot of fun and try to go there soon again. Here the adress for the villa. I stayed in Villa Lagune and...just look at the pics... :thumb:

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.