Male HQ

How To Overcome Loneliness

oralb

worthy read, it is common sense and you may or maynot agreed to what's written, but at least it offers good suggestion on how to battle lonelyness

Beating the Lonely Blues

Everyone feels lonely sometimes. And this feeling of loneliness can be

particularly acute immediately after a break-up. You've grown so accustomed to

interacting with that person most of the time that you've become out-of-touch with the world. When he or she leaves, you feel isolated.

However we cannot afford to become paralyzed by this sense of isolation. We all need to re-connect - both to ourselves and to the world around us. If you're letting the lonely blues, ask yourself these questions:

"What does your loneliness tell you?"

"What is it that you miss?"

You may believe that only a love partner can fulfill your needs. But deeper thought usually reveals that many things that you miss about the relationship

- like someone to laugh with, someone who will discuss current affairs with you, someone with whom to go to the movies - could be fulfilled by someone else. A family member, a friend, or even a stranger; your knowledge and skills could be used to help people.

They say an idle mind is the Devil's workshop, and having too much time on your hands can lead you to replay memories and feel sorry for yourself. So get out

there and get involved with other people! Offer your services to the community - conduct a workshop, read stories to children, or play the piano at the home for the aged. When you give freely of yourself, you'll leave no room for loneliness. And you'll receive love and appreciation in return.

Also, connect with nature. Too often, we become so absorbed with our own affairs that we forget that there are things much larger than we are. Our problems are

often put in the right perspective when we consider just how small we really are. So stroll along with the roar of the tide, grow a plant, or listen to the sounds of the dawn at the reservoir.

When there's no one around to talk to, try journaling your deeper thoughts and feelings. Write about your preoccupations as well as your hopes and fears. You

cannot enjoy being alone without peace of mind, and journaling helps you to voice and resolve any inner conflicts that you have. Doing it on a regular basis will give you clarity and focus.

And realise that you are not alone in being alone. There are many people who are feeling even more lost and confused than you. Each one of them fears that he

or she will never be able to make new friends or love again. Be the first to give them a warm welcome.

'Power of Stories' is now available for sale online.

Order now at 938LIVE@mediacorpradio.com

:thumb: When I Think It, I Do It, I Win It! :thumb:

• 9 months later...

Actually, many gays are often faced with the issue of loneliness. These are some measures :

1. Ventilation to a Friend - the problem is sometimes it is difficult to find a good friend or friends may be too preoccupied with their own agenda.

2. Eat More (this is not recommended by me, but it seems to destress some people). Of course the outcome may be unhealthy though the author claims it helps to soothe his mood and make him happy.

3. Shopping Spree (again this is not recommended by me unless you have enough pink dollars to destress yourself)

4. Physical exercise (this is endorsed by me) - needless to say, this is the most beneficial therapy in terms of physical and mental health

5. Watching p--no (neutral to me) may sound absurd but I am open to this idea of therapy

6. Join gay forum activitiies/hobbies like visits, dinners, sports, travel, chit chats, etc

7. Do some volunteer jobs but not many are motivated to give extra time

8. Have pets (strongly recommended by me) as I have a dog and some fishes

9. Come to my house to do some housework :lol: as I hate housework

10. Being workaholic and this may help you to get a promotion

11. Saunas (seems to be the common thing for many)

Life is full of colour and there are many ways of escaping from loneliness. However, an optimistic person who knows how to enjoy life is usually not bothered by loneliness because he knows how to make life shine

z

Volunteer to help out at an organization

Train for an event- i.e. a trialathon

Start a blog, or create a profile on myspace.com etc. You get to make "friends" you'll never meet

Make a point to get to know someone new next time at a bar, a social gathering. Not just for the purpose of picking up but to get to know that person.

Go away to a country where you know nobody and you'll be forced to make friends.

Being lonely is nothing to be ashamed of. Embrace the fact that you are lonely and there is nothing to overcome.

;)

Love. 

Being lonely is nothing to be ashamed of. Embrace the fact that you are lonely and there is nothing to overcome.

;)

Can't agree more. There is nothing wrong with solitude, time spent on thyself is time well spent. But of course I never have a problem knowing people and making friends and finding love. if you are alone not by choice, and want to rid of the lonely feeling. I say,

Learn that something you have always wanted to. Let the hidden artist, that latent computer guru, the inner yogi out.

Join a religious gathering, if you are a spiritual sort. Church and meditation classes are great way to meet people who embrace you readily, almost always wholeheartedly.

Cook something according to an online recipe. Try our own recipe section. Cooking is mega therapeutic, pretty much a cure all: When done well, cooking intrigues your senses of smell, taste, sight, hearing and skin.

Learn to be thankful of all the good things that have ever happened to your life. When you are thankful, you are positive and happy. Positive cheerful people attract people, thus they don't get lonely easily.

All in all, be glad you have the chance to have the alone time. see it as a break before that great relationship that is to come.

google areanpull

• Guest locked this topic