Male HQ

Share Success Stories Of Where & How Did You Find / Meet Your Boyfriend / Partner / Buddy? (Compiled)

Join social gatherings. Some people have always trusted the old way of finding a partner.

See. Like. Hang out. Confess.

Not Chat. JO on webcam with body. Meet. Don't want. Stalker.

Joined also cannot find.

How I wish god can jus let us know the person & plc then jus arranging fate to us. I also very shy especially to guys, it seems easier to approach girls. Is it becos we like so we r afraid to lose?

agree its hard to find gd quality guys on grinder/ jack'd/ forums/ IRC. social gathering or groups is good, but there is lack of organisation doing that for GLBT community.

below are the common reasons:

1 - finding sincere people, many are just touch and go, they hi u, u hi back, chat a while. text them no reply.

2 - unrealistic. u are a 5 and want to seek an 8.

3 - people who dun take initiative. always waiting for u to text, dun dare to express your interest

4 - always falling for someone who dun think u are their type. attracting pple who are not your type.

and yep i have no date for V day. cause i fall into 1-2 of the above categories.

why you have to know is he a gay not, why can't start as a friend first? is that what most gay mind is? all is sex and bf only? no wonder people will judge gay this way

hi, thanks for the feedback.

though i think you have missed the title of this topic, but kindly allow me to clarify.

Disclaimer: I have no means of flaming you, but just to make sure you did not misunderstand me. (and partly due to my poor command of language)

yes, friends are fine too, everything starts from friends. I don't go out meeting people for sex. If I want, I can just use apps or saunas.

but the thing is, I felt weird to approach others straight guys , without a "reason", please not that the "reason" here is not about sex or LTR.

Let me give you some example,

1) I have many friends in MSN chats, but I do not usually chat with any of them, unless I've homework, or stuff to ask them

2)I go to workshops but I will only do some talking with people in my groups or when necessary

maybe this is my "shy" or lay low, or introvert nature

that's why, I am impressed and will like to find out how our fellow member can actually do it, to the extend of finding BF in social functions.

Edited by luke84

agree its hard to find gd quality guys on grinder/ jack'd/ forums/ IRC. social gathering or groups is good, but there is lack of organisation doing that for GLBT community.

below are the common reasons:

1 - finding sincere people, many are just touch and go, they hi u, u hi back, chat a while. text them no reply.

2 - unrealistic. u are a 5 and want to seek an 8.

3 - people who dun take initiative. always waiting for u to text, dun dare to express your interest

4 - always falling for someone who dun think u are their type. attracting pple who are not your type.

and yep i have no date for V day. cause i fall into 1-2 of the above categories.

Out of curiosity, is the scenario below familiar?

"You got to know a new fella from jack'd/grindr/fridae/etc/what-have-yous. You met up with him for dinner. It was an awkward dinner filled with intermittent small talks and long deafening pause. You went home. You heard nothing from him ever after that." OR

"You got to know a new fella from jack'd/grindr/fridae/etc/what-have-yous. You met up with him for sex. Sex was done and you went home. You heard nothing from him ever after that."

I had a countless number of such encounters. It seems as though it was impossible to develop even a simple meaningful friendship, let alone the monogamous one.

Never really had any experience except I found my ex on a gaming forum. Ever since breaking off, I've been single since. I just find myself not the relationship type cause I'm too introverted and genuinely can't connect to people on an emotional level. The only possibly that I could like a person and fall in love is via the most unlikely way: Working on something with that person and has to be in my interest area. It is only through work, I can understand the person better.

• 8 months later...

It all starts with a smile

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

善待对人。麻烦用英文来表达信息。不是每个人都会看的懂中文 “People need to learn the art of making an argument. Often there is no

right or wrong. It's just your opinion vs someone else's opinion. How you deliver that opinion could make the difference between opening a mind,

changing an opinion or shutting the door. Sometimes folk just don't know when they've "argued" enough. Learn when to shut up."

― J'son M. Lee 

Met him here actually and we bonded over our mutual interest in anime and hatred of english dub, lol.

Convos flowed easily, none of it felt contrived or forced, and I enjoyed it so much. Best part was I never felt compelled to ask for his photo or anything. It was like, we could just talk and talk and talk without needing to know the physical descriptions of each other. I kinda knew at that point that he is some serious bf material. Like what totalitarianism said, we treated each other as people and not just some meatsack with dangling bits that we happen to like. 

Met my bf thru cam4... he was at taiwan studying then. Throughout the cam period, we never do any kinky stuff, just chat for few months. Until I went over to taiwan for vacation then we somehow foster the idea of staying together. It was half a year later when he graduated and decided to work in sg. :)

tumblr_mp7qimane11r34kt3o1_400.gif

line id: ask with a dp at least

Met him here actually and we bonded over our mutual interest in anime and hatred of english dub, lol.

Convos flowed easily, none of it felt contrived or forced, and I enjoyed it so much. Best part was I never felt compelled to ask for his photo or anything. It was like, we could just talk and talk and talk without needing to know the physical descriptions of each other. I kinda knew at that point that he is some serious bf material. Like what totalitarianism said, we treated each other as people and not just some meatsack with dangling bits that we happen to like. 

So that's how it happened lol.

Magical isn't it :3

I met mine as well here...We bonded over our hobby which is aviation. We can spend hours talking about it. Both of us collect aircraft models and like to travel.

Of late he has been busy with his dragon boat training and university, but we still greet each other morning and talk the phone at night. I always re-read his initial PM to be, sounds very cute! :P

Btw, we are in long distance relationship. He is a local Singaporean, while I'm Malaysian, based in KL.

Edited by xoxo77

• 2 weeks later...

I got to know him through  a social app. We conversed for a few days and then exchanged numbers. As the days passed, I found myself falling in love with his personality and the way he speaks. Not to mention we share pretty similar interests in food, music and humour. He's a serious, down-to-earth person who has a funny and crazy side. He's someone I can actually see myself being in a future with (to which he said the same of me).

Our first meetup was for dinner. Conversation was stunted but adorably cordial (as he would describe it as later). We met for dinner again, and that night we got attached. It has been almost 8 months ever since. We have our ups and downs like any couple would, but we always find a way to resolve things. At the end of the day, it's the love which keeps us going. Conversation has become a lot more wacky and silly now though =p

• 2 weeks later...

It all started from the social app where I first know him and to be frank I didn't pay much attention on him and to a point I actually disliked him as he teased me with all his lame jokes all the time.

But it turns up to be love.

On the 5th date to be exact, that very night my life had changed and a promise had been made with myself and I whispered deep inside me, " from this moment, everything's will just be all about you and me, just us two" after 3 months of occasional chatting and thanks to my courage and also fate that allowed both of us to meet on our very first date which lasted only about 45 minutes at Wang's cafe Harbour Front Center.

Up til today, that silly smile but yet charming that flashes out of him whenever we meet still amuses me alot. The smile that always gives me the feel of a young boy out of him although he's older than me by 8 years. The very smile that always calms me down and even assure me that eveything will be alright and also the smile that makes me stay stronger whenever my sky is grey.

I would not claim that both of us have made a perfect couple but as far as I'm concious, every single day tha we spent together are my happiest days in life. Like others, we do have our ups and downs, however we always talk things out in very calm manner and we clear things out before going to our bed and say good night to each other.

Moreover, we are both quite busy with our work and even parted away as we have to travel a lot at times. But We know that after every and during the trips, we are more than longing to see each other when we are back in town, just like two love birds.

As I promised, this journey is definitely about us and I already knew from start, that it's not going to be an easy one. But I will ensure that it will be all about our happiness and we are going to give our best to work on it on each and every single moment of us, just us two.

I definitely found something during our relationship, it is love.

And I learn that love is not something just to be hung on your lips, as it is all about the care and the feeling that we share together. Small little things like knowing whether he has drank enough water for the day, or taken his lunch or vitamins do count. And the same comes from him too.

Time really flies when you enjoy the moment you are having and in deed it is.

Counting from today onwards, it will be less than two months towards our second year anniversary and every single day is still full of love between us.

And while typing all of these, I'm just having this thought in mind, and this thought has always been there ever since we were together. " I'm a lucky guy. "

Edited by Silverwing

• 2 weeks later...

I work in the hotel and my heart stopped for a split second when he walked out of the lift.

He came to me and asked where was the breakfast area and I walked him towards the lounge. I introduced myself, got his name and room number, sat him down and left to profile him!

Second morning, prior to work, this new guy I chat with showed me his picture and it was 'him'. I greeted him by name, shared my picture and we got talking.

I asked him out for a drink that evening and we had a great meal. I offered to show him Sentosa island the next day which turned out to be fabulous. Our private time in the cable car was much cherished. Dinner at Vivocity was very enjoyable and that's when I knew he wanted more. I told him I could not 'shit' at my own work place and hence booked a hotel room somewhere else for the next day.

Evening arrived, we got to the room, both shy, and started with pure fondling. Minutes later, he already was gushing with precum. Soon later, I asked to go for dinner to prolong the night. When we came back from dinner, we had a brilliant night and came about 5times each.

Approaching 2 years, our long distance relationship is stronger than ever and we await opportunity to make more permanent plan for the future.

I got to know my bf through IRC. We met up Plaza Cafe (Beach road) for dinner, and enjoyed each other company. Subsequently, we went out a couple of times and we were attached. I wasn't sure how long the relationship going to last, but his great personality and patience won me over. We have a lot in common, such as movies, gaming, travelling, food....etc, and we are still together after 15years.

From the time when I was a student, to the time I fell sick for a long time, to the time I got my first job, to the time we saved up to buy a property together so that we can stay together.....phew! a long long time.

Having close friends to support is another key for a long term relationship. Personally, I think it is healthy to interact with other couples so that we can learn from one another's mistake. Trust me, seeing each other everyday from day to night (like you are living in your own world) is not healthy. Conflicts will arise sooner or later.  Having a weekend get-together with friends reduce the chance of conflicts. 

• 4 weeks later...

I just chatted with this guy (let's call him Mr A) on Grindr, who told me he met his boyfriend on the app.

They had met a few times, when the other guy fell sick, and was duly taken care of by Mr A.

As of this moment, they have been together for a few years, and are even thinking of opening a joint account. 

It sounds so out-of-reach for me.

As for myself, I am still waiting for my first, which is depressing to admit...

Whenever I approach guys that I think are quite nice - or they don't state particular preferences (I am chub, btw) - on Grindr / PlanetRomeo, they either ignore me, or they only answer my questions politely without asking any back.

Not sure how to properly converse like that? I just give up talking to them...

Sigh, people tell me I'm kind and sincere, but really, there's no point to having an inside of gold if people can't get past your outside...  :unsure:

I met him 12 years ago thru a friend's gathering. His first impression to me is not impressive, but at that time, I must say I not ready to settle down n still like to fool around. We did it in our 3rd date, n I was thinking then that will be our last meeting, as I felt there was always someone better out there....

He is persistent in contacting me, showing his care, his love, his true heart towards me........ Till today. He is still the same.

Damn! I was wrong 12 years ago he was not good enough for me. Now, after 12 years together, I realised that I am the one not good enough for him. I am thankful that I ve found him n he had not given up on me with my snobish top ego I used to have (or still traces of it....)

I can now ask without hesitation with myself that my heart says:"I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I love you. N I can share with you everything I ve in my life". I dont know when I had this thought! But it just grow from my heart. In fact, he is aware I had him in my will many many years back.

I still ve this stubborn ego nature, stopping me in saying out" I love you! I want to grow old with you" throughout all these years (number of times probably less than the fingers on our hands), but I believe in actions rather than words. My f *** # Stupid ego. Lol.

Yes! There is always someone better out there. Wat the fuck! Who cares. You are the best for me. For me to grow old. To walk down memory lane. To eat. To sleep. To hug. To grumble n fight over trival matters. To share happiness n sadness. I cant promise I will be here to take care of you till the end of days, but I know at least you will have some monetary for yourself in event I leave you unexpectedly. That the most I can do.

With love

Met my bf from one of those social apps few years back. His smile captured my attention and we met up for coffee after exchanging messages for coupe of days. We chat till late on our first date and he offered a lift to pick up my car. We went for movie 2 days after and that's where he hold my hand for the first time...

Months later, I accepted a regional posting and we had arguments because he is vulnerable to LTR from prior experience. I’ve given him my promise to stay true to our relationship; and thanks to facetime and low cost airline, things are working well and our love flourish.

Love is sweet but it can be vulnerable. You nullified the ability to nurture or even sense its presence if you set yourself loosely in this circle. Our love may not be blessed my many but I will always treasure it and to my special one, thanks for all the little gesture that made me the centre of your world when we are together.

p/s: According to him, one of our best moment is when I told him the  origin of mid-autumn festival after passed him a little mooncake on our second date. To be honest, it was from my mom who over estimate my sweet tooth and I don't know if this is magic of love, cupid's effort or should I just thank my mom instead :)

Blessed

I never thought I'd miss you
Half as much as I do
And I never thought I'd feel this way
The way I feel
About you
As soon as I wake up
Every night, every day
I know that it's you I need

To take the blues away

It must be love, love, love
It must be love, love, love
Nothing more, nothing less
Love is the best

:wub:

Don't you ever give up on your life. You will see many great things happening soon! ;)

I met my bf from dragonboat. It was not love at first sight as I was not looking for a relationship nor was he. I joined a team sport to make new gay friends in an engaging, non clubbing, non sexual activity. I had a wonderful time. Being a team sport, we had to look out for each other, push each other and work together. We shared our pains in the boat by joking, throwing gay insults at each other, and we also spend a lot of time together with gym training and during social outings.

It was in such an environment and situation that I met him. He was one of the senior rowers who took dragon boating very seriously and would guide us in our training. Outside the boat he was more reserved and stuck mainly with the other seniors, not speaking much to us newbies.

Somehow I found this aloofness to be attractive and made it my mission to go after him over the new few months. It helped that he had one of the cutest smile ever. I took it slow, we became friends, sat together more during dinners and outings. Began exchanging messages.

We are as different as night and day so I don't think anyone else suspected anything was developing between us. We started goin out on or own more and realised we had similar interests.

I can't recall the turning point when we became a couple but today I am in a very very happy relationship with him. The initial years were difficult. We had to work hard to make the relationship work as we had different ideals. We 'broke up' several times.

Today years later I can say for sure that he is THE ONE. I have never been with anyone who makes me feel this happy and this special.

He is sleeping now in bed beside me in his usual Sunday afternoons naps. I don't nap as much but I still lie in bed watching him, reading stuff online, holding his warm body and waiting for him to get up. I love this.

• 3 weeks later...

I met my ex in bw. It starts from my initiative to send him the pm message, after chatting for 1 week, we exchange our contact number, and after 1 month, we met up and he accepted me as his bf.

During our dating, we never have a serious argue because he always know what I think, and he would prefer I speak the things out for discussion. In our relationship, we bring alot of positive impacts to each other, encouraging, supporting and caring. We gave each other freedom because of the trust. He is such a nice guy.

Thanks to bw which let me have chance to know about him, although we break up but I'm still miss him so much and we still contact each other. Cheers to everyone who read this post.

Edited by CloudWind

I met my ex in bw. It starts from my initiative to send him the pm message, after chatting for 1 week, we exchange our contact number, and after 1 month, we met up and he accepted me as his bf.

During our dating, we never have a serious argue because he always know what I think, and he would prefer I speak the things out for discussion. In our relationship, we bring alot of positive impacts to each other, encouraging, supporting and caring. We gave each other freedom because of the trust. He is such a nice guy.

Thanks to bw which let me have chance to know about him, although we break up but I'm still miss him so much and we still contact each other. Cheers to everyone who read this post.

Awwwww. Chase him back?

All,

Need some advices. I have been eyeing this guy at the gym and finally mustered the courage to ask him out for a drink/dinner, and he agreed and we exchanged numbers. Now how do I ask him if he is a PLU?

I noticed he has been checking me out too.

Thanks for your advice in advance.

• Guest locked this topic