Male HQ

Admin : Changing Title Of Blowing Wind Web Site

HendryTan

I. We have received feedback to change the title of Blowing Wind web site on the title bar; To remove the word "Gay" to make it less obvious.

II. We have put together various scripts for

Firefox browser , MS Internet Explorer (IE 7) and Opera Browser.

This script will transform the Blowing Wind title from "Blowing Wind Gay Forum" to "Answer Is Blowing In The Wind" just on your browser. Your Browser "history list" will also just show "Answer Is Blowing In the Wind".

III. [Previous detailed/technical instructions removed]

Just follow the 2 steps instructions below.

a. For MS Internet Explorer 7 Browser : http://bw2.9.forumer.com/index.php?showtop...indpost&p=67307

b. For Firefox Browser : http://bw2.9.forumer.com/index.php?showtop...indpost&p=66288

c. For Opera Browser : http://bw2.9.forumer.com/index.php?showtop...indpost&p=67130

Post Edited 11 Nov 2007

ok I have a suggestion to the mods but please don't scold me or bombard me hor. :D

I believe the reason for most people's feedback to change the title bar to remove the "Gay" in Blowing Wind Gay Forum Home is because they wish to surf this forum at their work place during office hour without being too obvious.

Why not the mods remove the word "Gay" during office hours from Monday to Friday so that most of us can surf and contribute to this forum during working hours. Then when the weekend arrives, put the "Gay" back in the title.

I know this is a lot of work for the mods but just a suggestion as opposed to everyone downloading firefox and doing that complicated monkey installation which can be obfuscating (so cheem) :ph34r:

The name of this forum should stay the same.

If you're scared other people will see... then don't surf from work. Or make the effort yourself to hide your life from other people.

This forum should not change just to suit your closeted lifestyle. What next? Tips on how to act butch? Or how to pretend to fxxk pussy to bluff your family/friends/colleagues?

1. Guys thanks for the feedback.

2. Let me share the rationale for having the word "Gay" in the title bar of "Blowing Wind Gay Forum"

3. Blowing Wind is a Gay website. We will not hide this fact. We also do not want straight people or underage to accidentally wander into this place.

4. Search engine like Google/Yahoo picks up BlowingWind articles.

We have straight people searching on key words like "blowing wind" intending to find the Bob Dylan's song which this site took its name from. Other people search for pets, food etc which may accidentally click through this site.

By putting the title "Blowing Wind Gay Forum" which the search engine will display as title of the search result; all these people have been fore-warned before they click through the search result links provided by the search engine.

It also allows those "kid protection" software monitoring particular keywords to filter us off.

5. I understand that there are closet/discreet people who may be surfing this site in the office. They would prefer the site not to have the word "gay" in the title to be more discreet.

6. This GreaseMonkey script is a solution for these people surfing in the office and yet keeping the gay in the title.

7. I also take the feedback that there are too many steps in the installation.

I will post a simplified 2-3 steps installation hopefully tonight or tomorrow.

Cheers !

For Firefox Browsers

-------------------------

OK, simplified to 2 steps.

Step 1: Install the Firefox-plugin GreaseMonkey which you can obtain here

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/748

Re-start your firefox browser

Step 2: Click on the following link : http://blowingwind.tripod.com/blowingwind.user.js

A dialog window will appear. Click on the "Install" button.

That's it.

Visit blowingwind web site now and notice that it now shows "Answer Is Blowing In The Wind" on the title instead of Blowing Wind Gay Forum

1. Guys thanks for the feedback.

2. Let me share the rationale for having the word "Gay" in the title bar of "Blowing Wind Gay Forum"

3. Blowing Wind is a Gay website. We will not hide this fact. We also do not want straight people or underage to accidentally wander into this place.

4. Search engine like Google/Yahoo picks up BlowingWind articles.

We have straight people searching on key words like "blowing wind" intending to find the Bob Dylan song which this site took its name from. Other people search for pets, food etc which may accidentally click through this site.

By putting the title "Blowing Wind Gay Forum", all these people have been fore-warned before they click through the search result links provided by the search engine.

It also allows those kid protection software watching for particular keywords to filter us off.

5. I understand that there are closet/discrete people who may be surfing this site in the office. They would prefer the site not to have the word "gay" in the title to be more discrete.

6. This GreaseMonkey script is a solution for these people surfing in the office and yet keeping the gay in the title.

7. I also take the feedback that there are too many steps in the installation.

I will post a simplified 2-3 steps installation hopefully tonight or tomorrow.

Cheers !

Hendry tan,

Iam sorry to say that, i dont agree with u on point no 4, since search engines uses the Meta tag to enlist them in the search results and just mearly changing the title wont make it to list in the irrelevant searches.

just my two cents

and BTW wat about the IE users, do you have code?

They Laugh at me coz iam different, but I laugh at them coz they all are same

1. Hmm PeepingTom, I guess my explanation was NOT very clear. Let me illustrate my point with an example. Search for blowing wind on the Google search engine. I "snap shot" the search result and post it in the quote box below.

2. Notice in the presentation of the result list; For each resultant site found, the search engine lists:

Web Page Title (In our case "Blowing Wing Gay Forum")

a short summary

the URL, size ,...

3. Before the searcher clicks on the search result, our title of "Blowing Wind Gay Forum" (which the search engine picked up) clearly warns him that he will be seeing Gay contents. In this example, for "innocent" people who may be searching for Bob Dylan's song "Blowing in the Wind", he would not accidentally wander into our web site thinking it is a forum talking about the song.

Blowing Wind Gay Forum Home

Blowing Wind - Bulletin Board without an attitude http://bw2.9.forumer.com ... Forum Led by: BW Moderators, 2474, 44093, October 31, 2007 10:14 pm ...

bw2.9.forumer.com/ - 42k - Cached - Similar pages

Blowin' in the Wind - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

One of the "morals" on the "Wheel of Morality" in the cartoon Animaniacs was "the answer, my friend, is blowing in the wind". ...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blowin'_in_the_Wind - 41k - Cached - Similar pages

YouTube - BOB DYLAN - Blowing in the wind (1971)

The Concert for Bangladeshhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki ...

3 min 31 sec - Rated 4.9 out of 5.0

www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4nPJ-YYHBc

Blowing in the wind -Kites and Toys

Basic easy to fly kites for kids and adults, beginner stunt kites, high performance sport kites, large show kites, power kites, and of course kite boarding ...

www.blowinginthewind.com/ - 19k - Cached - Similar pages

Power Blowing In The Wind - Forbes.com

The boss of Danish turbine manufacturer Vestas believes renewable energy is set to move into high gear.

www.forbes.com/leadership/2007/08/30/energy-vestas-environment-lead-innovation-cx_mk_0830wind.html - 52k -

4. Microsoft IE and other browsers : you need to search for the equivalent IE GreaseMonkey plugin. I know Opera Browser (version 8 above) supports GreaseMonkey script native (ie no need even to download plugin). Do keep me updated on how you guys fare.

I know some of my gay acquaintance uses IE for work related matters and Firefox when they do personal matters like reading blowingwind. You may want to consider this if your office allows you to install Firefox.

Cheers !

Guest Hairaiser

Everytime when I am in Bangkok, I am unable to get access to this forum when I click to the link.

Can anyone help, please, thanks! :)

---

I have tried accessing BlowingWind from Bangkok and I can access.

Please post your question in the feeback section or ask our inhouse expert IkuTube in the IT Restroom :)

Cheers !

Hendry Tan

For Opera Browser Users (Version 8 and above)

--------------------------------------------------------

Got a query on how to enable the above script for Opera Browser users.

Opera supports GreaseMonkey native. You do NOT even need to download the GreaseMonkey plugin.

2 Steps Instruction

-------------------------

I. Goto to the Menu Tools > Preferences > Advanced > Content >

Button Javascript options > User Javascript files:

Choose the directory where you want to keep your GreaseMonkey Files.

II. Click http://blowingwind.tripod.com/blowingwind.user.js

Menu File > Save As

Save the file in the directory that is in Step (I).

Done !

For users of Microsoft Internet Explorer (MS IE) Version 7

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1: Install the IE7Pro version 1.2 or later (an addon for IE7) which you can obtain here

http://www.ie7pro.com/download.php?language=en

Important : You MUST install the "User Script" choice when you install the IE7Pro addon.

Re-start your MS IE Browser.

Step 2: Copy the following link :

ie7pro://blowingwind.tripod.com/blowingwind.ieuser.js

to the MS IE address URL. Note it is ie7pro:// NOT http:// .

A dialog window will appear. Click on the "Install" button.

That's it.

Visit blowingwind web site now and notice that it now shows "Answer Is Blowing In The Wind" on the title instead of Blowing Wind Gay Forum.

PS : There are many other useful functions in ie7pro, it comes with a user-script that will put a button on all YouTube pages to allow you to download YouTube clip.

You can read the ie7pro web site for more information.

• 3 months later...

Its just a simple addon buts...

To Change BW title for new forum

(With the following browser and software

>Browser Firefox

>Soft GreaseMonkey)

1) find a monkey face on the bottom left of the firefox browser.

2) Right click on it and choose 'Manage User script'

3) Added the following address under 'inculded pages'

http://www.blowingwind.org/forum/*

It should work after u refresh ur page.

• Guest locked this topic