Male HQ

Google Search Of All Blowing Wind Contents

HendryTan

1. This new Blowing Wind forum software has an IMPROVED search mechanism to search the forum. However we understand that a lot of our readers may prefer "Google Search".

2. We have tapped on Google's ability to do local search and offer a blowing wind search using Google.

Test it http://www.blowingwind.org/search

3. Only problem is that Google currently has NOT got "time" to FULLY "indexed" our complete web-site.

So the search result by Google may not be exhaustive. However this should improve over the next few weeks when Google spends more time to index our collection.

4. Advantage of "Google Search" is that Google's algorithm is "very sophisticated". When it display results, it is able to provide very RELEVANT links at the top saving us time to check all the links.

5. Feedback to us on this thread (good or bad) and we'll decide whether we want to create a permanent link of this "Google search" on the site.

Cheers !

a search on outdoors only give me one result.

i have a feeling it omits adult related content...

google search is still better, as it allows better indexing of the forum. and i hope that might also mean if people searching from outside will get a chance to "find" us...

Edited by bukitpanjang

• 2 months later...

1. We have now made Google Search as one of the "search" for Blowing Wind Web Site on top of the normal search by the forum. See the Google Search on the Top Right corner of the page, next to the Help.

g.png

2. Google has now "crawled" a big chunk of the contents of BlowingWind Web Site. Last check, closed to 9,000 pages of great contents and increasing. Our "Google Search" will restrict results to any articles within this BW collection only.

3. We believe readers are more familiar with the "Google Search Engine" interface than the search interface built into the forum. With this addition, we hope to make the older BW articles more easily accessible.

4. You can also access Google Search of BW by this URL

http://www.blowingwind.org/search

5. Feedback please.

Cheers !

• Guest locked this topic