Male HQ

Admin: Bw Maintenance Notice (Fri 11/7 1000 - 1230)

Bern

1.  BW is moving house again. We are finalizing details for a forum migration.

2. As you may recall, we had several incidents of unexpected outage in the past months. In response to the growing unstable nature of our current data-center, we decided to move the forum to another data-center also located in the US. We will also take the chance to perform OS and system upgrades to make our server more stable and robust.

3a. We aim to minimize any disruption to the users. We have currently scheduled it on Friday, 11/07/2014, 10:00AM SGT, or earlier if and when the admins can set aside uninterrupted time.

b.  During the downtime, all access to the forum will be suspended until the migration is completed. The migration will take no longer than 2.5 hours.

c.  From reader's point of view, the change will just be an IP change. It will be transparent to readers who are already accessing BlowingWind via our URL http://www.blowingwind.org

d. We will update our Facebook / Twitter. You can also reach us via email: forum@blowingwind.org.

Suggest you bookmark the above alternative touch-points too. 

4. We will make another announcement once the maintenance is completed. Let me apologize in advance for any inconvenience caused.

Cheers!

Bern

Admin cum Mod

Join the official BW Telegram Group Chat: https://bit.ly/frmbw

Good luck and thank you  :thumb:

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

善待对人。麻烦用英文来表达信息。不是每个人都会看的懂中文 “People need to learn the art of making an argument. Often there is no

right or wrong. It's just your opinion vs someone else's opinion. How you deliver that opinion could make the difference between opening a mind,

changing an opinion or shutting the door. Sometimes folk just don't know when they've "argued" enough. Learn when to shut up."

― J'son M. Lee 

Thanks for the notice Bern, you guys are doing a great job!    :)

Happy - is what we should be, always.

Notice: I DO NOT use the Chat Function in this Forum - this has always been written in my profile (and I don't read it too).

{it is unfortunate that this new Chat Function does not allow users to turn/switch off in mobile phone}

• Guest locked this topic